Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: CV-580, CV-640 and other piston to turboprop conversions  (Read 375 times)

Offline wingman

• Members
CV-580, CV-640 and other piston to turboprop conversions
« on: April 01, 2022, 12:26:53 AM »
Are the conversions from CV-240/340/440 to turboprop CV-580 and CV-640 featured in the game?

I am asking because I have entered this world in the late 1960s expecting to see some pop up sooner or later in the Used airplanes market, but I have not seen any so far.

Similar less successful Martin 4-0-4 conversions were also produced, but I guess these are not available.

Offline Mort

• Members
Re: CV-580, CV-640 and other piston to turboprop conversions
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 10:05:44 AM »
The list of planes available is located here: https://www.airwaysim.com/Information/Aircraft (as per your other thread..)

The turboprop conversions operate at a different speed and thus cannot be part of the same fleet group as the original models.

Offline wingman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 03:28:33 PM »
Thanks for your reply!

I cannot find them in the list of featured airplanes.

It is a pity, as they were very popular in the 1960s and 1970s among the US regional airlines and they lasted in service until the late 1980s.

Maybe this is another case that the game engine cannot handle?

I hope they will be included in future scenarios, togeter with other piston to turboprop conversions which were launched but were not commercially as successful (including maybe the DC-3 into the Basler BT-67...).

BTW, same for the freighter conversion of NAMC YS-11, which was used by Airborne Express and other parcel carriers.

Offline akahrs757

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 12:03:47 AM »
I was kind of hoping to see those at some point as well because I think they would be some great performers. Fun fact, there are still some in service in Canada. They are beasts, always wish I was born earlier so I could've flown them. Oh Well... they still look great as you taxi by

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.