» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Announcements - The Jet Age / Re: Now Serving Lutefisk!
« Last post by gazzz0x2z on Today at 10:47:53 AM »
I first thought : where is this small airport I don't know about?
Announcements - The Age of Flight / FlyLink - Scotland's Airline
« Last post by FullyNZ on Today at 07:23:02 AM »
FlyLink is proud to be Shetland based, and offering over 70 flights daily to the Islands from right across the United Kingdom. We offer flights to and from 3 Shetland airports, Sumburgh, Scatsta and Tingwall.

With our modern fleet of deHavilland Canada Dash 8-100, Beechcraft 1900 and Cessna 208 aircraft, FlyLink is the best way to see Scotland. We are Scotlands airline, with bases across the country, offering flights across Europe. FlyLink offers over 6500 flights a week to 92 destinations. We have a staff of nearly 6000, who are dedicated to making your travel with FlyLink a safe and enjoyable experience.

We have Travel Centers located at Lerwick, Kirkwall, Stornoway, Inverness, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and London. At a FlyLink Travel Center, you can book your flights, Check In, Bag Drop, and also catch a free shuttle to the airport. Experience the FlyLink difference, and book your flight today.

FlyLink
Scotland's Airline
General forum / Re: Any Bets?
« Last post by knobbygb on Today at 06:09:14 AM »
Dunno... I can imagine that Sami hasn't programmed some kind of linear penalty for fleet types above 7 or 8. So I'll go out on a limb and say...  IF you schedule the aircraft sensibly and don't send them to stupid places and fill the schedule properly - all the usual stuff, then you might just stay in profit!  Maintenance will hurt for those over 25 years old but not that much for single examples with your large margin. $1.3bn per week is a LOT to get through...

I like your idea, I might actually do it in the speed world when I get bored (and very profitable of course).
Game talk - The Speed World / Re: Is It Just Me?
« Last post by tungstennedge on Today at 04:57:12 AM »
In a lot of cases, you can't really afford to send so many planes back while still expanding, because you can't get the planes to replace them. Can send some back, can do some D-checks early to spread out the revenue & cashflow hit. But when expanding fast from the start, you will have to deal with a wave of D-checks, and it can be extremely painful if you haven't done any preparation for it.
I completely agree. I have never sent a plane back due to D-check since the number one limiting factor in this game is rate of plane delivery, so I usually just try to be large enough so that by the time the first "wave" of D checks comes in I barely notice.

Anyways, this is only applicable in larger bases tho, if your playing from a small market it could be advisable to send planes back after leases, however if at all possible I would try to use the new plane to expand into farther markets rather than replacing a D-checking plane. Only if your home base is 100% full and your OOB aircraft are all used up, then considering replacing D-checking planes would be worth IMO.
« Last post by RALLX on Today at 02:56:17 AM »
My approach is usually to see if I can afford to replace the leased planes with new planes by the time D check is approaching. If I can't, check for newer or cheaper used planes in the used market. If this fails too, renew the lease the swallow the bitter pill.
« Last post by sanabas on Yesterday at 11:05:08 PM »
But your lease should end before the D check is due right ?

In a lot of cases, you can't really afford to send so many planes back while still expanding, because you can't get the planes to replace them. Can send some back, can do some D-checks early to spread out the revenue & cashflow hit. But when expanding fast from the start, you will have to deal with a wave of D-checks, and it can be extremely painful if you haven't done any preparation for it.
« Last post by tungstennedge on Yesterday at 10:20:18 PM »
All of them. Id estimate there are about 50 fleet groups available.

« Last post by Andre090904 on Yesterday at 10:09:41 PM »
How many fleet groups do you intend to get? I'd say expect -30% margin.
« Last post by tungstennedge on Yesterday at 09:23:53 PM »
« Last post by schro on Yesterday at 08:16:32 PM »
How many planes in service right now?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.