Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
@Mort
I've asked Sami if he could make a duplicate of the GW, have the change applied immediately (not progressive like it would be if implemented) and check figures after a week, but haven't had any chance so far. I'll probably ask again.

@Andre & Stefan
I somewhat agree (not changing the rules during a GW). But this is not "rules", it's a "bug". And a major one. Some took advantage of it and I won't complain, but the incredible amount of money they made by exploiting the bug (if not building their airline around the bug) should already be considered quite a compensation for the efforts they'll have to to redeploy their fleet, imho.
Feature requests / Re: Increase slot multiplier in HatF
« Last post by JumboShrimp on Today at 03:49:26 PM »
I agree, some airports are quite hopeless.

Another option, instead of making Infrastructure x out of 10, limited by year of the game world, make it unlimited, just a function of demand for airport services.  If the airport is hopelessly out of slots, just increase infrastructure without upper limit.

(But it would be much simpler to increase the multiplier, to be in line with other game worlds where slots are not a problem).
I am saying no.

The game world is too advanced. Fleet choices have been made. Base choices have been made. People are running huge fleets, used the old cargo bug and would simply not be able to adapt once more.

I am not even flying cargo, so I couldn't care less. But I am honestly concerned about those cargo airlines who could easier massively profit from it...or massively lose...depending on which airports they use, how the new demand figures look like etc...

It's simply never a good idea to do changes to a running game world of this scale.
Does some of the "no" can say why? (just curious - trying to understand / not here to argue).
-> thanks Stefan ;)

Cargo in this GW is a lot more mature than in the others. Was any of the internal testing done on such a mature setup?
Does some of the "no" can say why? (just curious - trying to understand / not here to argue).
-> thanks Stefan ;)
Please do not change basic game rules during a running session.
The new sessions should start with new rules.

Ive voted "No".
Might just add that if the "yes" vote wins and the gameworld gets upgraded to v2, might be fairest to wait for the fallout of 9/11 to calm down before it is implemented?

How can you know the future? What is supposed to happen in September 2001?  ;D ;)
Might just add that if the "yes" vote wins and the gameworld gets upgraded to v2, might be fairest to wait for the fallout of 9/11 to calm down before it is implemented?
City Based Demand for cargo version 2.0 was introduced some days ago. Details here: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,58865.msg494363.html#msg494363

It has been enabled in The Age of Flight game and things are going OK there in my mind. This update is more of a technical update and fix of all issues and it brings CBD/Cargo to its full potential and to the true functionality.

Shall we enable it for this game world?

Potential effects:
 - Overall cargo will stay the same or increase slightly, globally
 - Cargo destinations will change and some airports will have less cargo, while some others will have more.
City Based Demand for cargo version 2.0 was introduced some days ago. Details here: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,58865.msg494363.html#msg494363

It has been enabled in The Age of Flight game and things are going OK there in my mind. This update is more of a technical update and fix of all issues and it brings CBD/Cargo to its full potential and to the true functionality.

Shall we enable it for this game world?

Potential effects:
 - Overall cargo will stay the same or increase slightly, globally
 - Cargo destinations will change and some airports will have less cargo, while some others will have more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.