» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Today the CEO has announced the eventual retirement of the 747 and Il-96 of which Vintage Aircraft Airlines is the only operator. "These aircraft initially were meant to last for much longer in the fleet however, their limitations have now been realized. Especially with range on the Il-96 which allows it to only serve limited routes and capacity on the 747 which is too large for most long haul routes out of Manila. Both aircraft fleets are simply too niche and would be better off as one. Hence they will be retired and replaced with A340's and older A330's to keep with our "vintage" theme of aircraft." The aircraft will continue flying for many months until their replacements arrive. Thank you for your service Il-96 and 747

Announcements - Beginner's World #1 / Air Wales; Flying the Dragon
« Last post by elsholtzd on Yesterday at 06:49:49 PM »
Hello, we are Air Wales, the privately owned flag carrier of Wales.
We have one true aim, to 'fly the dragon' across Europe and the world.
Currently, our route network consists of:
CWL - AMS
CWL - CDG (Coming Soon)
CWL - JFK (Coming Soon)
CWL - AYT
CWL - CAI
CWL - BCN (Coming Soon)
CWL - EDI
CWL - GLA
CWL - DUS (Coming Soon)

Our Fleet currently consists of:
Airbus A318-100 (on order)
          A319-100
BAe AVRO RJ115
                RJX70 (on order)

We promise to always offer the best Welsh Hospitality has to offer.
On every flight you shall recieve a free copy of the Welsh Herald and a NOMNOM chocolate treat.

At Cardiff Airport we are currently building our very own DRAGON lounge, this lounge will be free to enter for all Business class travelers and to Economy passengers for an extra charge of 5.00

So come Fly the Dragon with Air Wales
Passengers are not very price sensitive in AWS but it does work to a certain extent:
You can fly an efficient airliner in HD seating (+~10% capacity) and lower prices by ~10%. This has worked for me many times.
Just don't choose the max HD density where comfort goes to "Poor". Keep it in "Fair", usually one row below max.
eg. Fokker 70: normal seating is 70Y: I fly it successfully in 80Y HD or 04C/75Y. I do stick to close destinations and try to make it
fly 4 round trips a day for best results.
I also used the principle on a fleet of cheap, used B737-300 and worked too, even on longer routes.
As the others have said, key is to keep costs down. The Fokkers are a good example as they are usually fairly cheap to purchase and operate,
are classed as "Medium" so only need level 2 base operations and cheaper pilots.

Cheers!

Mike
Game talk - Game World #4 / Re: Low return demand. How to?
« Last post by simonfs on Yesterday at 10:52:36 AM »
Unfortunately no option for this as of yet..despite it being asked for multiple times.

Allright, thanks! I've never encountered this before so I got a bit surprised.  ;D
Game talk - Game World #4 / Re: Low return demand. How to?
« Last post by Zobelle on Yesterday at 10:35:42 AM »
Unfortunately no option for this as of yet..despite it being asked for multiple times.
Game talk - Game World #4 / Low return demand. How to?
« Last post by simonfs on Yesterday at 10:26:40 AM »
Hi all.

I've just started a 2x daily CRJ-100 rotation between Hilo PHTO and Kahului PHOG. A route that has about 100Pax demand on the PHTO-PHOG route and about 40Pax on the return which puts me over the trigger for the oversupply warning and the system gives me 48h to rectify the problem.

My question is: Is there a way to block seats on just a single leg of the rotation, if not, is there a way I can schedule my aircraft so I still can meet the demand on the first leg?

Thanks in advance!

//Simon
Announcements - Game World #2 / New F.27 Mk200 for lease
« Last post by Jibberjabber on Yesterday at 05:21:29 AM »
Brand new F.27 Mk200 available for lease on used market! Good price! Get it now before it's gone!
Announcements / Re: New Beginner's World #2, now with cargo
« Last post by Sami on April 17, 2019, 07:02:00 PM »
The current BW#2 scenario is ending soon and there will be a break of a couple days before the next one starts due to some re-configuration.

So expect the next Beginner's World #2 to start early next week!
Off-topic forum / Re: Fortress Europa (Hearts of Iron IV)
« Last post by krazykarl on April 17, 2019, 06:00:51 PM »
Up-hill battle on logistics!
Almost better off going through Italy  ;)
Feature requests / Apply same seating
« Last post by MikeS on April 17, 2019, 05:19:47 PM »
Not sure if this has been requested before:

When transferring the schedule to a new aircraft of same type we have the option to swap registration. It would be great if there was another box
that said: Apply same seat arrangement (will send a/c into maintenance to adapt if necessary).

Thanks!

Mike
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.