Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bug reports / Re: Cargo Distribution does not work correctly
« Last post by Tha_Ape on Today at 08:35:34 PM »
My theory is that somehow, they are not part of the "rotation" that recalculates the actual demand between airports.

Not rotating because they have no overlapping airports, thus nothing to rotate with? Might be an interesting lead.
« Last post by JumboShrimp on Today at 08:18:34 PM »
Yup, I posted 2 more in the Test server chat, and I may have more, but I want to give them a full year (RI=100) before I report them.

My theory is that somehow, they are not part of the "rotation" that recalculates the actual demand between airports.
Feature requests / Re: Infrastructure and Traffic growth refinements
« Last post by Jetsetter on Today at 08:08:31 PM »
Agreed. There is a bias against level 1 airports for airport infrastructure upgrades. A cycle emerges, airports don't upgrade because of lack of service, and there is a lack of service because I have to have a small or medium fleet type in order to serve the airport. The stakes are raised when I want to operate a DC-9 or 737-200, and have sufficient demand, but can't because infrastructure levels.

From the US perspective where the FAA issues airport infrastructure grants, it's critical for an airport to be included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS), where it fits into one of four commercial 'primary airport categories': Non-Hub, Small, Medium, and Large. If it fits into this category (or into an approved General Aviation category), it can qualify for Airport Improvement Program (AIP) funds, given by the FAA to an airport in order to conduct infrastructure improvements.

The distinction between the categories is more detailed than we need to cover here, but critically to be the lowest commercial service tier that still qualifies for favorable AIP funds (non-hub) has a floor of 10,000 enplanements a year (in 2018). That's only 27 passengers a day.

In AWS, in 1978, airports like Palm Springs, Trenton, and Rapid City are still infrastructure level 1, while in reality they were all getting mainline aircraft by now.

A better factor to launch infrastructure upgrades would be demand than actual service. If an airport's cumulative demand to all destinations is say 100 pax a day, then don't initiate infrastructure upgrades. Once an airports cumulative demand to all destinations is 1,000 pax a day (or 365,000 a year), then that should automatically trigger an infrastructure upgrade to at least a tier 2.
« Last post by Tha_Ape on Today at 07:48:26 PM »
Looks similar to some of my situations in last GW#4, where at some point remote airports lost their demand (and I was all alone in SIN, so no competition messin' on these routes).
Bug reports / Re: [-] PSP-SFO in DOTM
« Last post by JumboShrimp on Today at 06:52:01 PM »
I posted a feature request about Level 1 airports (and few other issues).

Level 1 airports are stuck because they get no traffic - because they are level 1 and don't grow from Level 1 because they have no traffic.

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,82131.0.html

« Last post by JumboShrimp on Today at 06:44:14 PM »
well, most easily visible in LAX-DOH: no other airports involved, but actual and potential are far apart.

I actually found one like that as well.  EWR-CAG in GW2.

CAG does not overlap with anything, and my flight is the only flight to the US.  Yet, the actual cargo demand is only 3,290 out of potential of 11,300.

My flight has been up for about a year, more than enough time to shift the demand.

So looks like there is indeed a bug here.  I have no idea how this one differs from other airport pairs where the demand does shift correctly....
February 16, 1979 - APPLEBEES BAR & GRILL, GATE D11, DFW AIRPORT, DALLAS, TEXAS
For Immediate Release

Texas Toast, the airline that doesn't put mustard and chopped onions between your buns, has inaugurated flights to a Mineral Wells, Texas McDonalds in celebration of the dissolution of the Civil Aeronautics Board and the opening of unrestricted flights between airports within the United States. The new flights, featuring the ubiquitous DC-9 series aircraft, terminate and depart at the drive through of the restaurant.

US President Jimmy 'Hot Babe' Carter signed the 1978 Airline Deregulation Act, heralding in a new era of airline prosperity with the retirement of Civil Aeronautics Board route requirements and limitations. Now eligible to fly routes at its discretion, the new flights are the first in Texas Toast's exploration of additional route pair options from its Dallas Ft. Worth hub.

"If I can shove a DC-9 into it, I'm going to fly to a city," explained CEO Jetsetter. "I wanted a McDouble, I get lost wandering around the DFW airport, so the natural option was to use a flight crew and airplane so I can have my snacky-snack."
Bug reports / Re: PSP-SFO in DOTM
« Last post by Zombie Slayer on Today at 02:13:31 PM »
PSP is infra class 1 and only allowing small/medium aircraft. ===> Not a bug.

The infrastructure mechanism needs to be looked at. Almost no infra 1 airports have upgraded to 2, in fact of the 59 markets I abandoned earlier in History and the Future (early 1960's) only 2 have upgraded to class 2. It is 1993, so in 30 years just 2 airports have decided 737's, DC-9's, A320's are advantageous to their city. It seems a little off...
Game talk - Dawn of the Millennium / Re: aircraft brokers
« Last post by IvanFBoesky on Today at 01:54:56 PM »
Feel free to message me if you need some frames ordered.
« Last post by DanDan on Today at 12:35:39 PM »
well, most easily visible in LAX-DOH: no other airports involved, but actual and potential are far apart.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.