Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Airport Building Sim  (Read 936 times)

BowerGangster

• Former member
[-] Airport Building Sim
« on: May 16, 2009, 06:40:43 PM »
Hi Sami

I know this will take a long time but what about having an airport building sim and at the start of the game just like airwaysim there is 400 player slots or so 200 create airlines and 200 build airports and it for players to choose wether they want to build an airport or run an airline.

So if you choose to build an airport you get a 3d simulation game with plots of land to buy for the building of your airport terminals,runways etc.

Then once you've created your airport airlines ran by other players send a contract to you asking if they can fly the route they are asking and it tells you what type of plane when it arrives/takes off etc   much like airport tycoon.

and to get the airlines to recognize your airport as one to fly to you could advertise the airport so airlines know its there and will increase the chances of recieving a contract from airlines.

then once the airport is making plenty of money you can expand the sizes of your runway size of terminal to increase the amount of passengers at the airport which will attract bigger planes to your airport from airlines.

And if you choose to run an airline you get all the same airline running options as airwaysim is just now.

I think this will make the best online game around and will take a while to create but i believe it is possible.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:40:51 AM by sami »

ollik

• Former member
Re: Airport Building Sim
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 06:42:24 PM »
I think this is an awesome idea, but a bit too much to ask of Sami..   :)

BowerGangster

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 06:49:10 PM »
i agree but we could gather a big bunch of coders and other players to help with the game

JIMBORICHARDSON

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 06:51:16 PM »
I would definately play this game i could imagine lots of people will

Filippo

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 07:00:13 PM »
i really like, but it's going top take a looooong time.

I think that firstly, we should let sami finish his things to do list for the airlines only game, until it is perfect. Then, we can move onto the airport idea.

BowerGangster

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 07:08:52 PM »
Yeh sami must have quite a lot to do right now including v1.1 but he will most likely need a lot more coders and people who can do that sort of stuff to create a game like that which if was made would be the best online game around.

BowerGangster

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 07:38:21 PM »
Anyone else got any views or opinions?? ;D

Offline Brockster

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 08:28:46 PM »
As much as it's a good idea in theory, I don't think sami would be up for that right now. There's still so much tweaking and adjustments needed on airwaysim and I think it's asking for too much at this point. Of course I can't speak for sami but I'd imagine he has enough on his hands.

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 08:34:22 PM »
Uh, guys, there is already a game for that. It's called airport, and there are 3 versions. You can ask sami all you want but I guarentee that he'll never do it as there is already a game for that. Sorry toi ruine the moment for ya guys, but the truth was released a LONG time ago!

Cheers,
ICEcold

Offline Brockster

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 08:39:41 PM »
Uh, guys, there is already a game for that. It's called airport, and there are 3 versions. You can ask sami all you want but I guarentee that he'll never do it as there is already a game for that. Sorry toi ruine the moment for ya guys, but the truth was released a LONG time ago!

Cheers,
ICEcold

True.... but there are also other airline management games (none as good as airwaysim of course). I don't see why THAT would be the problem. Airport tycoon sucked. And what do you mean by the "truth" being released a long time ago?  ???

Filippo

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 08:43:02 PM »
Airport Tycoon is the worst game ever. It's a rip off. >:(

I am sure that Sami's would be superb! :)

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 10:08:24 PM »
It would take a very very long time for Sami to make that game, all alone. However, it would be a superb game, allowing for an exceptianal user to user contact, with probably minimal CPU airports.
Founder of the Star Alliance!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 11:31:18 PM »
whaaa... Airport Tycoon is great ;D

But anyway. This is not an airport management sim/game. So this is already 'off the limits' and out of our resources..

Offline T8KE0FF

• Members
AirportTycoon!
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 08:47:25 AM »
Lurrrrv the idea, although isn't that why they invented Airport Tycoon  ;) ?

BowerGangster

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 09:29:04 AM »
yeh but this one will be online with no computer airlines like airport tycoon which totally sucks i know this will be to much to ask sami but we could ask some other good coders anyone know any ???

castelino009

• Former member
Re: [-] Airport Building Sim
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 01:49:22 PM »
rather than building one, why can't users takeover existing one and start from there on?? I mean they lease a airport for 25 yrs to begin  and expand and develop it in AWS itself  :P V1.05 .

so basics are alrdy done and just expanding , new services etc. that will be great to choose either run an airline or run a airport. COOL IDEA ;D

VJC

BowerGangster

• Former member
Re: [-] Airport Building Sim
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 01:54:27 PM »
i know i think that double the amount of people that play airwaysim will play this game to.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.