Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] No Requirements for Alliances  (Read 366 times)

toyotaboy95

• Former member
[-] No Requirements for Alliances
« on: May 16, 2009, 07:07:07 AM »
Right now the requirements of creating and joining alliances are rather hard. I mean waiting 6 months just to join or create one?~, what airline in real-life needs to wait 6 months to join one. It's just the decision of the alliance board to let them join or not.

Secondly, 10 aircraft just to create an alliance. What kind of rule is that? 

It would be great if these rules could be removed so most alliances won't start on the same exact date (6 game months after the start)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 10:34:02 PM by sami »

Dorito_25

• Former member
Re: No Requirements for Alliances
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 07:57:27 AM »
I agree that it is kind of ridiculous of the amount of aircraft and the waiting period. But there should be some sort of minimum criteria. Maybe not 10 aircraft but 5 for example. But there obviously have this rule for a good reason...not sure what it is, but a person would think that waiting 6 months/10 aircraft is ridiculous anyway.

Were you thinking of any minimum criteria at all?

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 08:13:49 AM »
what airline in real-life needs to wait 6 months to join one.

Many airlines, I'm sure. At least if you mean 6 months from the day the airline was founded.

An alliance as it is currently implemented in this game is just a social club, and in that context the requirements are a bit unneccessary. However, in the future the alliances will hopefully have some actual impact on actual game play and at that point you don't just gather your friends to an alliance regardless of how many planes they have or how well they are doing otherwise.

toyotaboy95

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 10:23:37 AM »
Many airlines, I'm sure. At least if you mean 6 months from the day the airline was founded.

What i meant was..if they have the intention (and money) of joining, they should be able to join.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 10:39:05 AM »
The time restriction is set merely because most airlines fail during their first 6 months, and to get into alliance your airline should be a well established carrier. Have never heard of a brand new airline just joining an alliance?

Same for founding an alliance, your airline must be well established & been running for some time before it can start do these global things.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 10:41:08 AM by sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.