» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history

Lowering your salary

Started by HungryBus, July 29, 2023, 11:00:00 AM

HungryBus

Am I the only one that will lower my own salary to the lowest amount, like 600 $? I am doing this because I want to save more money by reducing expenses on my salary  ;D now I wonder - do I get some penalty for that?

knobbygb

Yes, lower it to the lowest amount - which is ZERO!

It makes no difference later in the game but can be a big help early on.  There is no in-game benefit to giving yourself a salary other than one of the Stats - Richest Airline CEO.  This is listed by Sami at the end of the game and I think might have it's own 'Achievement' which you can earn.

PilotGaryB

I actually increased my salary and added a bonus!  I work hard at this game I think I deserve it!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

gazzz0x2z

Quote from: knobbygb on July 30, 2023, 05:09:32 AM
Yes, lower it to the lowest amount - which is ZERO!

It makes no difference later in the game but can be a big help early on.  There is no in-game benefit to giving yourself a salary other than one of the Stats - Richest Airline CEO.  This is listed by Sami at the end of the game and I think might have it's own 'Achievement' which you can earn.

I always play that game. It adds small difficulty to the early game, which is nice.

Tuckernut

Quote from: PilotGaryB on September 21, 2023, 03:48:25 AMI actually increased my salary and added a bonus!  I work hard at this game I think I deserve it!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I actually am kind of amazed at the number of people that Jack their CEO salary and bonuses to the max just so they can see their name in the box. It is my belief that it should be earned based on your airline's performance not because you think you deserve it. Awarding achievements for giving yourself fat salaries is, IMHO, not in keeping with running a good airline nor good gamesmanship.

Todorojoz

Quote from: Tuckernut on February 09, 2024, 02:36:25 PMI actually am kind of amazed at the number of people that Jack their CEO salary and bonuses to the max just so they can see their name in the box. It is my belief that it should be earned based on your airline's performance not because you think you deserve it. Awarding achievements for giving yourself fat salaries is, IMHO, not in keeping with running a good airline nor good gamesmanship.

You can only get the bonus piece if your airline was profitable for the quarter... so I think that is in line with "earning it."

I'm not sure if it effects the airline score at the end either. So I always jack it up in case it does. I need to have a respectable airlines score no matter how useful or not I believe it to be. It's the competitive nature in me I guess.

groundbum2

it doesn't affect airline score. The list of the 20 or so metrics that make up the airline score are in the manual...

Simon