Seating Config of AirCrafts

Started by armughan.jalil, December 14, 2022, 01:03:41 PM

armughan.jalil

Hello,

Will the pax demand (competitive) be affected if I install premium seats in my aircraft compared to high-density seats? I am wondering in Airwaysim general, not just beginner worlds.

i.e. If two airlinese are running same route with demand of 120 pax.- If I install premium Economy seats, and only run 100 seats in B737, compared to a competitor with 189 seats in B737 (high-density config). Given that other parameters are the same, i.e. departure time, price.

groundbum2

you'll get a small advantage, but not a lot. You'll get an improvement in LF, which will feed through to your airline score.

I'd be wondering if there's a better use of the 500K or so that the seat conversion will cost? Luxury seats do more good on long haul than short haul, and in FC than Y. Also don't forget the complexity of having a "special" aircraft when your airline gets large and you're swapping planes around. I often use the aircraft nickname field to describe the deat layout, eg "big fc" or "lux" or something similar. Then I can see from the scheduling screen this is not a bog standard 737.

Simon

armughan.jalil

Thanks Simon,

Further to my previous question; If I use a small aircraft for long distance, I get a warning that passengers may prefer to fly larger aircraft. If I fix the seating with better quality, does the game have parameters for this?

i.e. Oslo - Dubai with a A321 (single Aisle) but with premium economy seats, vs A330 with high density seats..

groundbum2

I don't think seat config affects "too small" but have never tested it.

Remember "too small" is not 100%/0% warning. Sometimes it may have next to no effect, other times it might have a big effect. So experiment on a per route basis to see if it matters. "too small" is the same for all planes in the fleet, so no use substituting an E195-E2 for an E170, the whole fleet has "too small" on that route.

The impact on LF can change over time. So for example Britannias UK-USA don't get any too small in, say the 1960s. In the 1970s they get a too small but it doesn't matter much. But in the 1980s it's deadly, LF will be rubbish compared to the widebody jets. Passengers get more used to bigger planes over time.

Simon