Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Notification about competiror's entrance  (Read 592 times)

yuranas

• Former member
[-] Notification about competiror's entrance
« on: May 12, 2009, 02:43:45 PM »
I believe all players would like to be notified each time a new competiror enters the route (and also leaves the route) which is already operated by them.

It does not help much when you have just few routes, but if you have more than thousand it could really help...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 02:46:24 PM by sami »

Jps

• Former member
Re: Notification about competiror's entrance
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 04:07:57 PM »
Don't know about others, but I think this wouldn't be so good, because it would draw everyones attention to those routes. And this would mean that they lower the price, tag the route, and follow it for the next days, perhaps lowering prices even more. So I think this would just lead to price wars, which isn't good at the moment, when there aren't any new passengers coming even if you drop the price to $10. In real world, of course, low prices would affect passengers that would otherwise not travel that route.

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 04:26:45 PM »
Why leave it at mere notification? You could have the option to automatically lower the ticket prices on the route and send threatening PMs to the other airline's CEO. And don't get me started on my dream of an airline simulation that runs itself without any interference from the player.  ;)

bukatino2000

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 04:43:10 PM »
....with the option with/without keyboard  ;)

Sigma

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 11:24:44 PM »
I'm one of the Top 10 airlines for flights, and even I don't particularly see the need.

While I do agree that it would be realistic, as others have pointed out, the actions that would occur as a result of that knowledge are not -- an airline couldn't cut its rates within minutes, it couldn't cut its rates to absurd significantly below-cost levels, and in this game you can't draw new passengers no matter what you do.  It would simple greatly hasten the "race to the bottom" of a price war.

There's a real simple way to get this knowledge -- Sort by Load Factor.  No, it doesn't technically tell you if someone joined the route, but as long as your loads aren't slipping what do you care?  That's all that matters.

Offline Kazari

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 01:16:46 PM »
I have requested sort by LF as a featured quick link. I know you can do it by hand, too.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 02:46:18 PM »
There will be some sort of 'airline news' section later on where you can read on route developments of the competitors but not this kind of personal message or notification. Present route tools should work fine enough for that.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.