Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Airplane/Airport search filters  (Read 307 times)

Online Dasha

• Members
[-] Airplane/Airport search filters
« on: May 12, 2009, 09:18:16 AM »
Would I would really like is more filters to search for an aircraft. For example range (between # and #) with steps of around 1000, Passengers, again between (#) and (#) or simply from (#) or up to (#). At this moment the filters are a little bit too rough and I would also like to use more filters at once.

If I'm looking for a plane that can fly 130 passengers over 2000 NM at a price of maximum 20 milion USD.

The same thing could maybe be done with airports. I want to search for an airport with a certain percentage of Dom, Shrt Hl, Lng Hl, with a certain amount of demand in a certain part of the world.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:49:07 PM by sami »
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Kontio

• Former member
Re: Airplane/Airport search filters
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 09:28:20 AM »
I think filtering by passenger demand has been discussed before. If I remember correctly the demand calculations are quite complex and it would be a huge strain on the system to make them for hundreds of airports at once, or some other technical reason like that. Also as more of a matter of opinion, it would make the game even easier and it could be argued that finding those not so obvious profitable city pairs is a part of the game that should not be automated.

Online Dasha

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 09:33:05 AM »
I disagree... it would make searching for more challenging city pairs easier and thus nicer to fly because you can find more suitable planes for it. The demand filter is not the most important since you can easily see where the demand is. However a filter on the sort of airport would be nice to pick a hub.

The airport filter is secondary in my request.. the plane filter, for me, would be perfect since I don't know 80% of the planes.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 09:37:52 AM »
Pax demand search will not be made, already discussed before...

Aircraft filters have been also talked and that will be improved.

Online Dasha

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 10:02:21 AM »
Okay. Thank you :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.