Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: RWY Length required  (Read 532 times)

Online Piet von der Pompies

• Members
RWY Length required
« on: September 06, 2022, 06:17:12 AM »
i think i made a mistake.

i ordered the 707-120 to replace all my B377 but the problem is... 3 of my destinations served by the B377 have runways shorter than the 3150m required by the 707-120.

my question is: if i made the seat config more comfy and thereby reducing the number of seats on board, does the required runway length decrease?  ???

your input on this issue is greatly appreciated

my other option is to cut my losses and cancel the order and wait for a better version of the 707. Or... order the Britannica like my competition did. Or does anyone know the RWY Length requirement for a DC8?

Offline Continental Sky

• Members
Re: RWY Length required
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 09:02:23 AM »
You don't need to change seat conf - just assign it to a route, and the limit will be automatically applied, you will see message 'capacity limited to __ pax due to rwy requirement', something like that.

Rwy required for DC-8 -41, -42, -43 and -51 is 2,750 / 2,850 / 2,950 / 2,800 m, respectively.

If you cancel the order, you lose 60% of downpayment. So if you've changed your mind, I'd say don't cancel them, wait for delivery and sell them - I believe you will easily sell them at max price, they will be in high demand.

Edit: of course, if a runway is way too short, the limit may be ridiculous to accept, 10 or 20 pax or so, or even unfliable at all.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 09:06:56 AM by Continental Sky »

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 10:34:37 AM »
aaah ok. great tip thanks.

did not know that the game would automatically reduce the load due to RWY restrictions. I am glad i don't have to cancel order now.

;D

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 02:27:25 PM »
You will see a warning when you try to schedule BUT here is something VERY important.

When you assign planes between two destinations, the game will calculate pax capacity based on the worst plane you have in that fleet.   Assume you have planes that have larger fuel tanks than others.  You can have a +MTOW and one without....   if you have a max distance flight the game will give you the warning and show you that you can only fly a certain number of pax.   

Offline Cardinal

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 01:06:00 AM »
It's also important to remember that the runway requirement is for MTOW. If you are flying a shortish route that requires less fuel, you can carry more passengers. So if your 707 is taking off from (for example) DCA to fly to SFO, that's a lot of fuel so a runway restriction is going to be much more severe than if you were just making a quick hop up to PHL.

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 06:07:03 AM »
 8) i think i get it now.. thanks for replies

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.