Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Manual Route Pricing interface always loads default pricing  (Read 87 times)

Offline seafax

• Members
When using the manual price setting interface at the bottom of the Price Management page, the form always pre-fills with the Default prices for each class of cargo and passenger fares.  I believe this is a glitch because, when the page loads, the manual interface should be pre-filled with the current prices so users can easily tweak individual categories.  For reference, I am in The Age of Flight and not sure if this problem exists in the other worlds.  In previous games, the form has worked correctly...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 04:53:15 PM by seafax »

Offline groundbum2

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Manual Route Pricing interface always loads default pricing
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 07:16:30 AM »
the problem is though a route, eg EGLL-WSSS, could have 20 of my flights on it, all with slightly different pricing. So what should it display at the bottom, the average or something? I suppose default is the best choice, so you can see the difference between your fares and possibly your competitors.

What /is/ a bug and regularly crops up on fora is that when a user, in manage routes, clicks on modify price the new price is not reflected if the user re-clicks modify price, leading them to think the change hasn't stuck.

In an ideal world , with lots of developer resources, we'd have price curves where we could create a curve called, say, short-haul, and the curve for FCY LS/LC/LH would relate LF to price uplift from default. So for LF of 50% we might say default-10%. For LF 100% we might say default+35%. And we can create multiple curves, then assign them to routes when creating/modifying them. Prices would be re-evaluated once a month as the default and LF shift as part of game play. Would add a very very fun dimension to the game for practically no UI changes.

Simon

Simon

Offline seafax

• Members
Re: Manual Route Pricing interface always loads default pricing
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 05:03:24 PM »
a route, eg EGLL-WSSS, could have 20 of my flights on it, all with slightly different pricing. So what should it display at the bottom, the average or something?

If a route pair has flights with different pricing, the field should be prefilled with default prices (or simply blank).

When a route pair's flights are all set the same, however, the current prices should be prefilled. 

The whole purpose of the "Set prices Manually" form is to batch-process route-pairs.  Users wishing to set individual flight prices would not be using that form anyway.

I suppose default is the best choice, so you can see the difference between your fares and possibly your competitors.

This functionality is already provided with the "Reset to default prices" icon (see attached)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 05:06:06 PM by seafax »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.