Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Making it through the Oil Crisis?  (Read 269 times)

Online john2020

• Members
Making it through the Oil Crisis?
« on: June 22, 2022, 07:10:57 AM »
For any airline that made it through the oil crisis without going bust, what did you do to adapt and survive?  :laugh:

Previously in another game world, ran an airline with 707's & 727's and their fuel burn sent me under! This time I stuck with just 737's, hedged early on and had some cash reserves to make it!

Is there any longhaul aircraft that anybody used that didnt send them into the red?  :o

Offline DanDan

• Members
Re: Making it through the Oil Crisis?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 08:29:48 AM »
Best LH for the oil crisises? Bristol Britannia!

Offline Continental Sky

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 07:27:55 PM »
I had a fleet of Vickers Viscount and Vickers Super VC 10 cargo; all Viscounts worked perfectly throughout the crisis, and I had to downsize fleet of VC10s, got rid of all unprofitable routes, and the remainder, ~20-25 frames, got me through. Their profit was down from ~500-600 kUSD per week to like ~200 k per week.

Similar in AG, there was fuel crisis around 2010 or so - check all routes and planes and ditch unprofitable ones to save the healthy ones, and if possible switch timely to more efficient planes, as simple as that, no other way, I think. Once the crisis is over, rebuild the fleet, and during crisis keep the eye on notable bankruptcies, to catch demand left after them if possible.

Offline sthomson

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 03:42:16 AM »
I scrapped two thirds of my fleet and took out loans…. It was not pretty but it worked.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.