Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Actual range B777 LR  (Read 146 times)

Offline EYguy

• Members
Actual range B777 LR
« on: May 09, 2022, 10:04:03 AM »
Hi all, I am currently buying a batch of B777 LR with extra fuel tanks, which give the a/c a range of around 9800 miles. The problem I am having is that, being based in SIN, the "Open new route" chart says I cannot fly some routes to South America which have a route lenght of arund 8800 miles. Considering headwinds, great circle routes, flight duration, etc, I should be still well within range of the a/c but I am facing warning messages that says that the LR is not able to fly that route or faces some signficant load limitations... Do you know why I am actually seeing this issues?

Offline cannimed

• Members
Re: Actual range B777 LR
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 10:11:43 AM »
Are there maybe runway requirements that are not met for your max takeoff weight?

Offline Cornishman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 10:17:03 AM »
Do you have any other 777LRs in your fleet that do not have those largest range tanks, because if you do, it could be the system is picking up on the fact some of your 777LR could not make the flight ?

Offline dagwood

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 10:17:19 AM »
Hi,

I recently experienced the same thing.  The warning said I could not fly the route. I was able to add the route even though I had the warning saying the plane could not fly it.  With the 777LR with extra fuel tanks I find I can fly around 9100 miles.
The best thing to do is after you open the route, go to view the route and you can see how many seats you have available for that route.  Hope this helps. 

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 03:01:40 PM »
Are there maybe runway requirements that are not met for your max takeoff weight?

Hi, actually no... The a/c has a 3000 rwy req vs a 4000 m avlb rwy at the airport... I guess it is some kind of bug.

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 03:02:52 PM »
Do you have any other 777LRs in your fleet that do not have those largest range tanks, because if you do, it could be the system is picking up on the fact some of your 777LR could not make the flight ?

I have some with 8800 nm range and some with the 9800 nm range. I guess you might right, but I'd just like avoid ordering the LR with the extra fuel tank and then get stuck with them because I cannot actually use them: do you know whether you can actually fly them at 9100? Is that your personal experience?

Offline Cornishman

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2022, 04:29:05 PM »
I have some with 8800 nm range and some with the 9800 nm range. I guess you might right, but I'd just like avoid ordering the LR with the extra fuel tank and then get stuck with them because I cannot actually use them: do you know whether you can actually fly them at 9100? Is that your personal experience?

Given the other answers and then this one... I'm now really sure the problem is the system springs this warning message up based on your "shortest range capacity" aircraft that you have of a type in your fleet.  I don't want to promise you that you will be able but if I was in your shoes having seen this sort of stressful message myself on my aircraft - I honestly think this is what is happening and that if you buy longer range versions of what you currently have then the message will change from saying you cannot fly the route... to possibly something like (in the direction where you have headwinds) that your pax capacity will be limited.  Then when you go and put the flights up for real, and you use your longer range version of the aircraft type - you'll find the pax capacity limitation isn't actually happening to the extent it threatened to do.  It's a bit of a problem because the system has to base itself on the worst case it sees that you might put yourself into on any aircraft type.

So no promise, but I suspect you'll be OK.
Jack

Offline Continental Sky

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2022, 08:48:34 PM »
Here is a quick test I did in SW; you should be fine all the way to 9,300 nm, even few miles beyond if you don't mind pax limits.

Offline groundbum2

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2022, 07:26:07 AM »
when you are creating a new route, and you drop down the list of planes that could fly the route, the choices at the top are your current types, eg A320, B747,Concorde  :D. If you choose from here, then warning etc are based on the actual physical planes in your fleet and their engines, tanks winglets etc. You could also choose a plane from further down the list, and AWS will then generate warnings etc based on the entire AWS database,

So if for example you have 5xA319 and you choose the A320 drop down then it's based on your specific 5xA319. If you go further down the list and re-choose A320, then it looks at all A320 fleet aircraft in that gameworld, ie maybe 1000 planes.

Simon

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2022, 07:34:21 AM »
Here is a quick test I did in SW; you should be fine all the way to 9,300 nm, even few miles beyond if you don't mind pax limits.

You were right; I am isolating the LRs with the extra fuel tanks (range 9800 NM) and they make it allright all the way to SCL. Going to swap all the LRs without the extra tanks so that I can have a more homogeneous fleet and avoid this issue when I am rotating a/c due to maintenance reasons.

Offline Cornishman

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2022, 07:38:15 AM »
Yes mate - I thought that the reason would be the fact you had shorter-range versions of 777s so the system was warning you based on that fact.  Glad it's working out.
Jack

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.