Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: REMOVE or FIX the - "Do not buy slots for this airport" feature  (Read 193 times)

Online Cornishman

• Members

The person who likes this post:
REMOVE or FIX the - "Do not buy slots for this airport" feature
« on: November 17, 2021, 08:03:30 PM »
Further to the horrendous experience I went through, we have got to prevent anyone else falling into the trap of thinking this feature has any use whatsoever in this game. If you try to do some planning of a schedule on any aircraft using this button on the "Open New Route" page, far from just creating a plan that should help you create the aircraft schedules you would like to investigate, here is what really happens:

Though you get ZERO benefit of being able to fly those routes (duh - you haven't actually bought the slot !) but what you do immediately invoke upon yourself is:

1). If you are already using your 3 fleets and you try to plan new routes like this on a new aircraft type - instantly you get the 4th fleet commonality penalties (which can be HUUUUUGE - I lost $300 million to this overnight  :o )

2). The system hire all the extra personnel needed for the aircraft you are just PLANNING.  So in my case, by simply wanting to PLAN what new routes would look like on just 28 planes I hired hundreds and hundreds of un-wanted staff with each slot THAT I DID NOT BUY  !!!

I have to say, this feature is a complete DISASTER.  I can see no earthly benefit to it if it isn't just intended to be used as a PLANNING tool, and yet it will cost you vastly.

Please Sami, if it can't be fixed then please, please remove the feature so nobody else falls into this horrible money-trap that I encountered.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 08:06:09 PM by Cornishman »

Offline schlaf

• Members
Re: REMOVE or FIX the - "Do not buy slots for this airport" feature
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 09:51:01 PM »
Further to the horrendous experience I went through, we have got to prevent anyone else falling into the trap of thinking this feature has any use whatsoever in this game. If you try to do some planning of a schedule on any aircraft using this button on the "Open New Route" page, far from just creating a plan that should help you create the aircraft schedules you would like to investigate, here is what really happens:

Though you get ZERO benefit of being able to fly those routes (duh - you haven't actually bought the slot !) but what you do immediately invoke upon yourself is:

1). If you are already using your 3 fleets and you try to plan new routes like this on a new aircraft type - instantly you get the 4th fleet commonality penalties (which can be HUUUUUGE - I lost $300 million to this overnight  :o )

2). The system hire all the extra personnel needed for the aircraft you are just PLANNING.  So in my case, by simply wanting to PLAN what new routes would look like on just 28 planes I hired hundreds and hundreds of un-wanted staff with each slot THAT I DID NOT BUY  !!!

I have to say, this feature is a complete DISASTER.  I can see no earthly benefit to it if it isn't just intended to be used as a PLANNING tool, and yet it will cost you vastly.

Please Sami, if it can't be fixed then please, please remove the feature so nobody else falls into this horrible money-trap that I encountered.

Totally agree on this one!!  I went BK early in a gameworld just becouse I hired alot of staff that I didnt needed for slots that I never bought for aircrafts that didnt fly....

Online Todorojoz

• Members

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 03:28:55 AM »
I don't agree with removing the feature for 2 reasons.

1) if I am creating 7 day schedules and not all 7 days of slots are available at the moment, I use this feature then buy the slots I can get and wait for the others at a later time. Not having this feature will make people seperately create a bunch of slots for 1 day needlessly.

2) I do use the feature despite the costs as it can still be quite useful for multiple reasons if you can afford the costs.

I do agree that costs shouldn't come into play until a plan has an active slot on its schedule. I don't know how difficult it is to program that though.

Online Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 05:05:08 AM »

You don't mention if you scheduled those planned routes on A/C? I assume you did, and that triggered the commonality cost as well as staff cost?

There is benefit of the feature, so I'm against removing it. Fix the Hire staff and Commonality cost until routes have slots then

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 03:41:21 PM »
Well, nope, it's very useful. Let's say you get a plane evey 6 weeks. You want a 7 days 7 planes schedule. First plane is there. If you buy the slots, you'll have to rebuy them later. to you make the schedule, don't buy the slots, schedule your first bird, and buy the slots of the one bird that will fly. Evey 6 weeks, hop, one more bird, a few more slots. You don't lose the slots and don't hav to rebuy them.

Why fix something that works as intended?

Offline schlaf

• Members

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 07:52:20 PM »
Well, nope, it's very useful. Let's say you get a plane evey 6 weeks. You want a 7 days 7 planes schedule. First plane is there. If you buy the slots, you'll have to rebuy them later. to you make the schedule, don't buy the slots, schedule your first bird, and buy the slots of the one bird that will fly. Evey 6 weeks, hop, one more bird, a few more slots. You don't lose the slots and don't hav to rebuy them.

The problem is as I see it that you hire staff (and  it effects commonality-costs) when you make a schedule with slots you dont use yet. Staff etc should be hired first when the aircrafts are up flying...

Offline Mort

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 09:25:52 AM »
The way commonality currently seems to work is as soon as you have a single plane of a given fleet type scheduled, then all planes of that fleet type which aren't in storage (or for sale?) count towards the commonality cost.

Perhaps the balance change might be to only add planes to commonality which have at least one scheduled route with slots.

Offline DanDan

• Members

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 09:53:31 AM »
The way commonality currently seems to work is as soon as you have a single plane of a given fleet type scheduled, then all planes of that fleet type which aren't in storage (or for sale?) count towards the commonality cost.

Perhaps the balance change might be to only add planes to commonality which have at least one scheduled route with slots.

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,82789.0.html
already discussed, see samis comment to it...

Offline Mort

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 12:51:04 PM »
https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,82789.0.html
already discussed, see samis comment to it...

That's the viewpoint of "what should be happening now" rather than "what could change as a feature request"

Online Cornishman

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2021, 11:41:58 PM »

Gazzz - how on earth... whether trying to relate to the real world or just this game, can anyone justify and defend the extortional price of $300 MILLION in just 6 weeks, simply for scheduling routes ON PAPER... ON A COMPUTER SCREEN.... oh come on guys... why do people defend this game like this when it gets things wrong.   Can't you see I'm not trying to have a system that works removed... I'm asking for it to be fixed!   ... just bloody realistic.   In what world would this sort of thing be acceptable? 
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:33:57 AM by Cornishman »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.