Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft Lessor (player) Bankruptcy  (Read 114 times)

Offline Obi-Gun Smokenobi

• Members
Aircraft Lessor (player) Bankruptcy
« on: August 23, 2021, 05:56:43 PM »
What happens to the leased aircraft if a player lessor bankrupts?   Would leased aircraft stay with their leasees and are picked up by AI lessors at lease end?  Or, do leasees lose the aircraft?   Surely not the latter, right?

Offline groundbum2

• Members
Re: Aircraft Lessor (player) Bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 07:17:17 PM »
it gets returned to the owning airline with no compensation.

Simon

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 06:16:16 AM »
brokering game can be very lucrative, but is also kind of dangerous. which makes it fun, ultimately.

Offline Obi-Gun Smokenobi

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 06:26:36 AM »
I probably shouldn't have used the word "bankruptcy".  🙂

Just wanna be sure when i "close" GittiHawk, those who've leased aircraft from me won't suddenly lose them.

Indeed, brokering  has high margins!

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 07:42:32 AM »
Just wanna be sure when i "close" GittiHawk, those who've leased aircraft from me won't suddenly lose them.

in that way, no problem. I once had the owner of my Ejets BK (a real BK, not someone giving up the game, he went broke). The owning was passed to a IA broker, and I went on using the plane. Just I was not paying another player anymore.

Offline Mort

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 08:36:12 AM »
in that way, no problem. I once had the owner of my Ejets BK (a real BK, not someone giving up the game, he went broke). The owning was passed to a IA broker, and I went on using the plane. Just I was not paying another player anymore.

It also has the additional benefit that if you lease planes from a player who subsequently BKs, you can then purchase the planes directly from the AI broker who takes over ownership without having to return the planes and relist them like you normally would.

Online Cornishman

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 09:28:34 PM »
It also has the additional benefit that if you lease planes from a player who subsequently BKs, you can then purchase the planes directly from the AI broker who takes over ownership without having to return the planes and relist them like you normally would.

... a constant complaint of mine to Sami - this unrealistic and largely unwanted penalty does not make any sense nor benefit anyone - all that would be needed is a simple tick-box for the owner of aircraft who puts them up to be leased, where he can tick if he permits the leasee to purchase the aircraft should they so choose.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.