Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Lost slots... for no reason?  (Read 69 times)

Offline caymanair

• Members
Lost slots... for no reason?
« on: July 10, 2021, 06:34:26 PM »
Hi All,

I decided to experiment, and leased some very low cost 777-200s to begin long haul service. I launched daily LHR-AUS and daily LHR-MCO, began ad campaigns, and flew them for a few weeks. Checked back this afternoon (say, 12 hours IRL after the first flights) and all the slots were gone. it's LHR, so now no slots are available. What happened???

Hoping someone can help...

Offline groundbum2

• Members
Re: Lost slots... for no reason?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 08:53:22 PM »
are the flights still attached to the aircraft? Can you look at the extended statistics at the bottom of the "show flight" screen to see if they ever flew? Usually slots are only lost when a flight isn't flown for a while....

Simon

Offline caymanair

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 12:04:34 AM »
I can see the last date they flew, and they were all still scheduled on an aircraft, but without slots.

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 05:06:03 AM »
The only time I see things like this consistently is in this scenario:

Lease an aircraft
Create individual DAILY routes immediately - using slots I ALREADY OWN by cancelling other route(s) which also consisted of individual daily flights
Assign the routes to the aircraft two weeks before it arrives

If, for example, the new aircraft is delivered on a Monday, then the individual Sunday route won't be flown until 20 days after you created it and IT'S POSSIBLE that the particular slot hadn't been used for 6 or more days before that, so you have a gap of MINIMUM 26 days. If there are C-Checks involved (probably for the a/c that was previously using the slots) then the gap can be a lot longer.  I can't remember how long the system gives you before it removes slots, but, for sure, it is LESS when the slot has been used recently than if you just bought it.  I seem to remember you get 60 days after you first buy NEW slots but only (maybe) 21 or 28 for pre-used ones.

I might be wrong here, but I do notice that behaviour when I re-arrange a load of 7 day schedules at once - a couple of weeks later I find a few of the slots have been removed here and there.  But it's never ALL of them!

Note that you DON'T see this behaviour with "normal" routes that fly every day as the slots wouldn't be removed unless NONE of them had flown recently.

So, did you just buy the new slots or did they come from somewhere else?  I know there was a slot-drop at LHR recently so maybe you set up some 'filler' routes, flew them for a while and then cancelled them before re-using the slots, leaving too much of a gap.

EDIT: From the manual: "The amount of inactive days for each slot before removal depends on various factors but is usually about two game weeks."

So "usually two weeks". Not very long at all!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 05:19:05 AM by knobbygb »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.