Why does France have 12 time zones?

Started by Catgirl, May 03, 2021, 07:13:40 AM

Catgirl

Hale,

My friend told me that France has 12 time zones. I searched this up in kaboodle and it's true. Does anyone know why this is the case? Why does France own so many timezones. Russia only has 11 time zones, so does that mean france is bigger than russia? Is this a reflection the french psyche? Is their ego just that big? Maybe they should stick to eating their coissants and p***ing off the Quebecois.

In other news, I am wondering who here is from France. I would love to correspond with you over live chat or email. Please reach out to me and I might get back to you if my email doesn't delete it automatically which I have set it to do for every ip from France.
How can I draw my signature in this box?

Mort

Omegatroll, but come on, this isn't 4chan...

gazzz0x2z

I am french. My grandfather ate cats during the war not to starve (authentic). Beware, I'm a good grandson. Get your chainmail fur, catgirl.

France has plenty of time zones because it still owns a great number of small parts of its former empire. If you count the most unlikely rocks in the sea like Clipperton or the Kerguelen, I'm pretty sure you can reach 12 time zones. That being said, not all of them are used by great numbers :

UTC-4 (Guadeloupe, Martinique)
UTC-3 (Cayenne, Saint-Pierre et Miquelon)
UTC+1 (mainland)
UTC+3 (Mayotte)
UTC+4 (RĂ©union)
UTC+10 (Polynesia)
UTC+11 (New Caledonia)
UTC+12 (Wallis & Futuna).

That's the parts with airports, and we already have 8 of them. Clipperton is at UTC-8, the Kerguelen are  UTC+5, some parts of Polynesia are at at UTC+9 or +9:30, and bingo, you have our 12 time zones.

Ah, and I don't p*** off the quebecois, catgirls are far more funny to bully.