Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Is slot cost increasing normally?  (Read 349 times)

Offline PattyChen

• Members
Is slot cost increasing normally?
« on: April 26, 2021, 03:24:10 PM »
I notice that the slot cost is about 400k for 7 days flight when I create new routes on Feb 23 (game time) and over 900k for 7days flight on Feb 26.
Is it normal?
Will the slot cost increase continuously?

Offline Lennertlenor

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Is slot cost increasing normally?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 04:07:38 PM »
slot cost is dependant on a number of factors, slot availability and airport popularity are the main driving ones iirc. You also pay extra if you are takeing off during peak hours. As far as I recall there is also an increase in cost if you are slot leader at your airport.

Online schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 09:13:45 PM »
There's also a discount for your first handful of slots.

Basically, expect to spend more on slots than on plane leases, especially at busier airports (and if you're running say, 3 flights per day).

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 09:22:29 AM »
You're playing in Atlanta. Slot costs are gonna be soon prohibitive for you, indeed. OTOH, Atlanta has such a potential that if you grow properly, you should have enough money to pay for leases and slots quicker and quicker. Even if those will get costlier and costlier.

Offline PattyChen

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 02:24:22 PM »
slot cost is dependant on a number of factors, slot availability and airport popularity are the main driving ones iirc. You also pay extra if you are takeing off during peak hours. As far as I recall there is also an increase in cost if you are slot leader at your airport.
ok. got it.thank you. It is still increasing  :(

Offline PattyChen

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 02:26:54 PM »
There's also a discount for your first handful of slots.

Basically, expect to spend more on slots than on plane leases, especially at busier airports (and if you're running say, 3 flights per day).

Thanks. It is a good idea. I would try it in my next gameworld (I have no chance to try it in current gw as slot is too expensive :o)

Offline PattyChen

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 02:31:29 PM »
You're playing in Atlanta. Slot costs are gonna be soon prohibitive for you, indeed. OTOH, Atlanta has such a potential that if you grow properly, you should have enough money to pay for leases and slots quicker and quicker. Even if those will get costlier and costlier.

Do you mean that slot cost in Atlanta will increase rapidly and that will make small airliners out because they cannot afford slot costs soon?
ok. got it. thank you
Maybe as a newbee, it is not a good idea for me based in Atlanta. :,(

Online schro

• Members

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 06:49:55 PM »
Do you mean that slot cost in Atlanta will increase rapidly and that will make small airliners out because they cannot afford slot costs soon?
ok. got it. thank you
Maybe as a newbee, it is not a good idea for me based in Atlanta. :,(

Well, all the other airlines are facing the same constraints as you. It's a good learning experience to watch what they do and imitate. One thing that could be helpful is looking at their flight opening patterns - route numbers go in numerical order so you can have some fun looking at what the most successful airlines do.

For me, to start in atlanta, one flight per day to all destinations I can fill less than about 40 percent of demand (should be at least 50-75 of those). Initial planes I run very close in, so 4 flights per day per plane. When slot costs get too high to continue that, I switch to west coast flights, 7 day red-eye plus 1-2 short hops during the day with a break for the A check (so, 13 slots per plane). After that I move on to the 3 flights per day per plane short haul.

What I inevitably end up doing is buying a slot every day as I get the cash for it, but after a bit you get over that and can go about business as per normal.

Offline PattyChen

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 03:08:06 PM »
Well, all the other airlines are facing the same constraints as you. It's a good learning experience to watch what they do and imitate. One thing that could be helpful is looking at their flight opening patterns - route numbers go in numerical order so you can have some fun looking at what the most successful airlines do.

For me, to start in atlanta, one flight per day to all destinations I can fill less than about 40 percent of demand (should be at least 50-75 of those). Initial planes I run very close in, so 4 flights per day per plane. When slot costs get too high to continue that, I switch to west coast flights, 7 day red-eye plus 1-2 short hops during the day with a break for the A check (so, 13 slots per plane). After that I move on to the 3 flights per day per plane short haul.

What I inevitably end up doing is buying a slot every day as I get the cash for it, but after a bit you get over that and can go about business as per normal.

Thanks for this idea. I will try it in next gameworld~  8)

Offline Airlinee

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 04:29:20 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only noob in here! I started in Bogota, Colombia, so I don't have a slot cost problem yet. Will my home airport grow enough in the future in this world where slot costs could be a worry for me? Or in one of the other big potential hubs in Colombia?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.