Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Ambassador vs. CV-440  (Read 164 times)

Offline jerry727

• Members
Ambassador vs. CV-440
« on: March 22, 2021, 10:20:28 AM »
I had a question RE Ambassador vs. CV-440. Range of the first one is 900NM and for the Convair 770NM. However, when I try to schedule a flight with a distance of > 900nm, the ambassador is really struggling to carry enough pax. whereas the convair does a better job. Is that because of the cargo space or I am missing something else?

Also any thoughts on the ambassador as a viable alternative to the much more expensive and long waiting convairs?

Offline RALLX

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Ambassador vs. CV-440
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 10:30:30 AM »
On the View Aircraft page, you can view the chart of payload vs range next to the Max Payload info.

Although the Airspeed AS.57 Ambassador has nominal range of 900nm, it drops steeply to a maximum range of 1200nm. On the other hand, CV440 range drops gradually until about 1300nm, where it then drops steeply to a maximum range of 1650nm. Max range represents the range where the aircraft cannot carry any passengers or cargo load as it has to carry that much fuel, up to the maximum payload, to fly that distance. Note that at nominal range, the plane does not carry any cargo either. That means it has to fly shorter range in order to carry any cargo, up to its maximum cargo capacity.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.