Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: No available a/c  (Read 1734 times)

Offline stattohogg2020

• Members
No available a/c
« on: March 05, 2021, 08:36:40 AM »
OK, so, what are we supposed to do when all the planes have run out?!  ???

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: No available a/c
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 08:42:54 AM »
Hmm. There are currently 1040 aircraft available in the used market?  And some 4500 more aircraft in AI-broker's storage, which as per game mechanics, are being released to the used a/c market in slow increments. So a lot to choose from by looking at the numbers. And it's very natural that with a big game launch the most popular planes won't be available in the used market for long (looking at you DC-6; there are cooler alternatives to that!).

Please also refer to the game launch notes: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,87482.0.html

There is a good supply of used aircraft available to begin with, but the used aircraft market will soon become limited and the popular aircraft types are sold/leased very quickly. Take care when picking the aircraft you plan to use and plan to order aircraft directly from the manufacturers.
[ .. ]
Despite of the good used aircraft selection, the total number of available aircraft is lower than in a standard setup. New aircraft will be the main choice after the first days. And with them you might see long waiting lists - this is part of the game.

Offline DanDan

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 08:50:17 AM »
OK, so, what are we supposed to do when all the planes have run out?!  ???

thats the big question in the start of any GW! i remember how with the alliance we went „fishing“ for the hourly dump of planes on the UM, and bought what we could and reshuffled them later... but truth be told: if you arent online 15-20 times per day at launch, forget about popular aircraft!

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 09:50:17 AM »
I agree with Dandan : go for alternate fleet types. Once, I did go the IL12/14 route - from the factory. Not satisfactory planes, but they prepared the way to much better airframes.

Offline stattohogg2020

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 01:34:58 PM »
Thanks for you replies.

I understand that other planes might be 'cooler', but, there is a reason the most popular planes are the most popular. Is it realistic to force players to use inferior planes?

Also, if I had realised the DC6's were gonna run dry THAT quickly, I would have gone straight for the Connies!

Next question, when airlines go bankrupt, presumably the planes they were flying make their way on to the UM fairly quickly?

Seems to me I have a very good competitor at my base! I'm not far away from him on revenue, but he is way ahead of me on profitability, something I clearly have a lot to learn about.

:)

Offline Zombie Slayer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 07:37:10 PM »
Thanks for you replies.

I understand that other planes might be 'cooler', but, there is a reason the most popular planes are the most popular. Is it realistic to force players to use inferior planes?

Also, if I had realised the DC6's were gonna run dry THAT quickly, I would have gone straight for the Connies!

Next question, when airlines go bankrupt, presumably the planes they were flying make their way on to the UM fairly quickly?

Seems to me I have a very good competitor at my base! I'm not far away from him on revenue, but he is way ahead of me on profitability, something I clearly have a lot to learn about.

:)

Connie's are dead too, took about 24 additional RL hours for that to happen!
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Offline rods17

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2021, 12:53:08 AM »
Hmm. There are currently 1040 aircraft available in the used market?  And some 4500 more aircraft in AI-broker's storage, which as per game mechanics, are being released to the used a/c market in slow increments. So a lot to choose from by looking at the numbers. And it's very natural that with a big game launch the most popular planes won't be available in the used market for long (looking at you DC-6; there are cooler alternatives to that!).

Please also refer to the game launch notes: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,87482.0.html

Looks like someone is on the defensive for some bad game mechanics  :o. Not the veterans that are going to complain about it,  they’ve gotten used to it and they exploit it to gain on advantage on newbies.

Offline NZelenkova

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2021, 06:24:04 PM »
Go Soviet, comrade!

Online schlaf

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 07:31:50 PM »

"the total number of available aircraft is lower than in a standard setup" 
Sure but the low amount of aircrafts in this gameworld is ridiculously low.
Come on and let us enjoy the game, add some more aircrafts!!!!   

I have heard rumors that Douglas have a hidden secret chamber with some 2500 DC-6Bs inside.
Open up the chamber, release the aircrafts to used market and let us play :)

Online jerry727

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2021, 03:51:48 PM »
Omg, Convair CV-440 are now gone!

Offline KantaiKessen

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 04:52:03 PM »
Wow. Seems I won't be leasing out any of my F.27s then.

Offline TheGrateWall

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 04:01:04 AM »
So do we just have to buy new aircraft at this point?
Related-I know it's an early question, but when do fuel prices begin to increase generally? I believe it's 70-80s?

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2021, 09:53:14 AM »
the 1973 fuel crisis is moderate. Deadly against vulnerable companies, but there are often not many at this very period - average players usually have enjoyed the quiet period before to make reserves. The 1980-1984 period, OTOH, is a great killer, usually. Companies are struggling with complex transitions, and fuel prices skyrocket.

Offline groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2021, 10:34:07 AM »
approx price

Offline NZelenkova

• Members
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2021, 06:55:55 AM »
Over in the eastern bloc we are wondering why like 70% of all Il-12s got abruptly scrapped when almost half were still in service and are generally under 7 years old

Offline Mort

• Members
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2021, 09:11:42 AM »
Over in the eastern bloc we are wondering why like 70% of all Il-12s got abruptly scrapped when almost half were still in service and are generally under 7 years old

Definitely something a bit odd with the AI scrapping algorithm if its doing it to planes under 10 years old, popular or not...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.