Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Has Something Gone Wrong on The New Aircraft Availability Algorithm?  (Read 130 times)

Offline Mike Swaledale

• Members
Hi,

There seems to be something odd going on with the new aircraft algorithm. Someone ordered a shed-load of DH Doves and Herons a while back and the price went up to very expensive. Fair enough. No problem with someone placing a big (very big) order or the price responding in the short run.

But since then the price has stayed "very expensive" despite there being loads of vacant slots and now we've just had notice that Heron production is about to end  even though there are still lots of vacant slots, the price is still listed as "very expensive" and the overall production line is listed as staying open until 1971 for the big Dove order.

Surely a ratioinal manufacturer would drop the price of the Heron to try and fill the vacant slots before closing the line?  Has the massive order messed up the algorithm?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Has Something Gone Wrong on The New Aircraft Availability Algorithm?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 08:41:30 AM »
It looks also into the length of the production queue, and until the majority of the 200+ planes in queue are delivered the price won't be dropping that much.

Offline Mike Swaledale

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 10:01:32 AM »
Thanks for the reply Sami - but that has killed the heron then.

Offline giauzar

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 03:01:30 PM »
As a player who has returned after a couple of year of absence - i noticed lots of positive changes - but on the UM behavior there was something strange:

-  The big players are able to place very large orders (that's fair enough, lease outs are a good way to earn cash)
-  However i started later in the game and i was very excited to finally place a small order for some VC10 as the delivery time for DC8 were already insane long
-  My first VC 10 then arrived Jan 1966 (cool my company gets finally a jet boost) but hey the next VC10 delivery is - wait ... 1 Year later - Cool now i get high commonality costs
-  Okay - since i don't own them - what should i do next - well i found some big players willing to lease some out (and i became the "small fish money donator" ) 
-  IMO its a big disadvantage for late starters some how

Is it not possible to at least have a possibility to deceide - if i want to accept 1 Years from the first to the next order and or skip the first prod. slot ? I mean in real life a small airline wouldn't accept such terms neither - That would be great !   

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 03:06:04 PM »
to agree with Giauzar : it should be possible to delay a delivery. For plenty of reasons.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.