Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Announcements of upcoming production increases or decreases  (Read 158 times)

Online Todorojoz

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
Announcements of upcoming production increases or decreases
« on: November 24, 2020, 01:58:44 AM »
Ordering aircraft is a strategic part of the game. It would be nice to get a news article about Boeing looking to increase production of the 727 line or that Douglas is decreasing production of the DC6 due to lower order back log, etc. Knowing a line might increase or just did might push an airline to order more frames. This is realistic to the real world as well. I had a time where I placed an order a couple days early before a line expanded and I could have gotten earlier slots. I feel manufactures would communicate these things more.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Announcements of upcoming production increases or decreases
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 06:07:03 PM »
Not a big deal to code but the news might get a bit spammy over this, so not a direct "yes" from me.

But since the production rates are updated in bunches it might be possible to group the news too. However then you can't judge from the news title if there are any changes to your fav. model.

Online Todorojoz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 07:22:56 PM »
It doesn't take very much effort to open an article. So I don't know if the title has to have it. It could get annoying every few months or whenever to get a ton of production articles all at once if that is how it could go. So an overall update article could work. Also maybe somewhere in the middle is to keep them grouped by Manufacturer. So "Boeing Announces Upcoming Production Rates" Then the article would list any changes or potentially close changes to their specific fleet lines in the article.

Online groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 08:13:10 PM »
if we're doing this I'd like to see when a traffic level changes at an airport - very important since traffic makes up 75% of the CBD circle.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 08:17:33 PM »
if we're doing this I'd like to see when a traffic level changes at an airport - very important since traffic makes up 75% of the CBD circle.

These will go up and down, and can change often, so it would be even worse spam-fest to news. And we have 3000ish airports...

Offline LemonButt

• Members

The 6 people who like this post:
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 09:09:08 PM »
These will go up and down, and can change often, so it would be even worse spam-fest to news. And we have 3000ish airports...

Honestly what needs to happen is a subscription system.  I want to subscribe to any changes to my base airports, base competitors, and common fleet aircraft.  Add buttons on things to add/remove a subscription and a manage subscriptions page.  This means that I won't get messages when an airline based 8000 miles away with 2 aircraft goes BK but I will if a competitor at my base does.  Right now everything has equal weight and importance, but subscriptions allow each player to have a custom news feed with minimal clutter.

Offline Mort

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 09:19:14 AM »
Honestly what needs to happen is a subscription system.  I want to subscribe to any changes to my base airports, base competitors, and common fleet aircraft.  Add buttons on things to add/remove a subscription and a manage subscriptions page.  This means that I won't get messages when an airline based 8000 miles away with 2 aircraft goes BK but I will if a competitor at my base does.  Right now everything has equal weight and importance, but subscriptions allow each player to have a custom news feed with minimal clutter.

This right here!  8)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.