Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Production line artificially capped  (Read 976 times)

Offline Putin

• Members

The 6 people who like this post:
Re: Production line artificially capped
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2020, 12:01:15 AM »
I just wish the Soviets would hurry up and release the Tu-114 and Il-18. Forget these American planes everyone is going crazy over.

I agree the DC-6 line should have more production but we have to draw a line at how much is realistic. Due to the lack of DC-6s, my strategy has become focus on short haul with Convairs and Dc-4s and wait patiently until the Soviets bring out their monster vodka burning props. Lack of DC-6s forces new strategies like this, although I'll admit it's not particularly fun waiting a few years for next gen planes to finally arrive.

- Turkish Communist Airways

Online AngryOpossum

• Members
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2020, 01:54:18 AM »
I think the short haul strategy isn’t a bad one.

I’m curious to see how it works out for the players that are putting down millions for DC-6 deliveries 1-3 years away. My median C-46 is making over $50k/week and will have returned about $3M by the time a DC-6 is delivered. If there are any slots left by the time they actually arrive.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2020, 05:49:03 AM »
Breguet production line has no orders, yet, it's production line has production rate of 13 / month

DC-6 production line had production rate of 8, even when it had 200 orders.

It is a complete head scratcher:
- why the system plays favorites
- why it plays favorites in the most sadistic way  :o :o :o

Online [ATA] Lord Branson

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2020, 12:44:22 PM »
I think holding back supply of desirable aircraft slows the game down which is an intention of management.  This will create surplus cash flow which will reduce future bankruptcies.  If massive numbers of DC6Bs hit the market in year 1 we would have demand saturation and then bankruptcies would follow.

It is creating a form of patience as airlines wait in the queue.

I think "rage" quit is far more desirable than mass bankruptcies!  (for management)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2020, 05:07:09 PM »
I think holding back supply of desirable aircraft slows the game down which is an intention of management.  This will create surplus cash flow which will reduce future bankruptcies.  If massive numbers of DC6Bs hit the market in year 1 we would have demand saturation and then bankruptcies would follow.

I think "rage" quit is far more desirable than mass bankruptcies!  (for management)

Going from one fleet to 2nd duplicative fleet, to 3rd duplicative fleet, to 4rd duplicative fleet and then on to 5th one with jets will cause far more bankruptcies.

Lack of production of aircraft for 360 players destroys any sort of strategic planning, pushes players to worst strategies (or otherwise get no aircraft)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2020, 06:42:23 PM »

I think BK due to too much competition is far more desirable to rage quit because of frustration.  Because, the player will more likely come back and start with a different strategy - a learning experience.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2020, 10:18:36 PM »

Online franky1978

• Members
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2020, 12:18:10 AM »
I think the best way is make a limit of New aircraft we can order in a month...like used aircraft. I think sami want to be the more realistic as possible for the period. Im a old player...i play until i go to banckrutpcy...after i leave because i dont see how i can be compétitive....im always there when we have a new world...sorry for my mistake my first language is french:-)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2020, 01:11:27 AM »
I think the best way is make a limit of New aircraft we can order in a month...like used aircraft. I think sami want to be the more realistic as possible for the period. Im a old player...i play until i go to banckrutpcy...after i leave because i dont see how i can be compétitive....im always there when we have a new world...sorry for my mistake my first language is french:-)

There is already a limit to how many aircraft the (new) production line delivers to the player.  That works just fine, and system self adjust very well.  Except the production caps that everything up.

A "normal" line that is popular and is not capped would shoot up to production rate of 30-50 per month with the number of orders they are getting.

But, say Britannia line, which just received some 350 orders, increased from 14 to 15 <facepalm>

So Britannia with 787 orders and backlog 6 years into the future.
Meanwhile 707 jumped to 20 / month production rate with under 100 orders.

The intention is clear.  Sami does not want us to fly 1950s aircraft in the 1950s, to play the transition to jets as players choose, since players can't choose, things were predetermined with the caps, and screw the player preferences.

If using 1950s aircraft in 1950s is so bad, let's just start games in 1960s, and leave the infuriating production caps behind....

Online franky1978

• Members
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2020, 01:31:24 AM »
Or start 1950 like old game....each player will want dc3:-)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2020, 01:45:31 AM »
Or start 1950 like old game....each player will want dc3:-)

That would be challenging.

And for all we know, the DC-3 / DC-4 production lines would be like 10 / month for 350 players

Online [ATA] Lord Branson

• Members
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2020, 04:06:26 PM »
I've said it before, it is the management's way of ensuring airlines build up a cash surplus.  It creates very slow early growth.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2020, 06:22:38 PM »
I've said it before, it is the management's way of ensuring airlines build up a cash surplus.  It creates very slow early growth.

And also remember it's a 80 years game. A slow start is not deadly. Last time we had a 1950 start, I started in Poland. A tiny market that expands to the EU only in 2004. I did finish 8th in scoring. The start was even slower, I had to rely on IL12/14 to have something to fly at all.

Yes it had this stockpile effect, making the survivors of the first years very resistant. Still, many failed later because of failed transitions. A good start is important, but in such a long game, is just a phase amongst many others.

Online sanabas

• Members

« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2020, 06:34:30 PM »
We're also only 2 RL weeks/2 game years from the brokers getting a whole lot of DC6s back too. If you're patient and profitable, you'll have a lot more supply to expand with then.

Online Andre090904

• Members
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2020, 06:44:32 PM »
Now even the Convairs are gone from UM.

Online sanabas

• Members
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2020, 06:48:59 PM »
2000 in use will do that. Still 400+ in storage though.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2020, 07:56:31 AM »
Looking at 1100 orders for Britannias (the highest) and 15 aircraft / month production rate (the lowest), it is clear that player preference is completely irrelevant - and ignored.

Offline saetta

• Members
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2020, 07:56:58 PM »
One very temporary solution to the DC 6 crazy lack of availability, is the DC 4 very  slow, but carries lots of pax with decent range..they have been easier to come by then the  6. I have some to get me bye till things get calmer

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2020, 08:08:14 PM »
One very temporary solution to the DC 6 crazy lack of availability, is the DC 4 very  slow, but carries lots of pax with decent range..they have been easier to come by then the  6. I have some to get me bye till things get calmer

It would have helped DC-4 the production line was still open.  It would mean more options.  But starting with the production line closed makes them far less viable.

Same for 377 production line.
Martin line could have been open....

In DC-6 line original DC-6 and 6A could also have been left in production

Offline saetta

• Members
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2020, 08:16:07 PM »
I agree with your entire last statement

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.