Used Market Search Presets

Started by tungstennedge, October 24, 2020, 11:28:13 PM

tungstennedge

When searching the used market, most players need to input a few filters for the kind of plane they are looking for. For example, for the last 20 years every time I log onto my AG world, all I do is input a330/a340, above 6000nm range, and sort by age. It would be nice if, like seat configs we could click one or two buttons to select player made "presets" for aircraft search filters so that it would be faster to find the aircraft we need.

Another option would just to have the game remember the last filter settings, and reload the game with the same setting every time the UM was refreshed.

Just a bit of QOL that would be nice.

LemonButt

I think this is just a matter of changing the used market from using POST requests to GET requests--then you could just bookmark /game/Aircraft/Used?min_condition=90&sort=price_desc&q=777 as an example.  As someone who has been accumulating used 777 for almost 10 game years re-entering the same search parameters (777 under 5 years old) I am 110% behind some sort of presets/saved searches, or bookmarkable search criteria.

Mort

I just leave a tab open on the used market with my filters applied. After logging in on the dashboard tab, I just swap to the UM tab and do a call to refresh the listings.

Saying that though, being able to save filter lists would be nice

Todorojoz

Quote from: Mort on October 26, 2020, 07:03:37 PM
I just leave a tab open on the used market with my filters applied. After logging in on the dashboard tab, I just swap to the UM tab and do a call to refresh the listings.

This kind of goes for Creating New Routes as well. Every time having to reselect which airport, add the range, click the box stating you are not currently flying there, change the infrastructure size, etc. I would prefer if it just kept the last selections that I made and maybe had a reset button to clear it all out if I didn't want it anymore.

LemonButt

Quote from: Mort on October 26, 2020, 07:03:37 PM

Doesn't work on your phone when it boots you out due to expired PHP session and you have to start over every time :)

LemonButt

Actually I just tinkered with this and it looks like get tokens actually already work if you know how to hack them together--if the UM page were updated to do a history.push() to add the GET url this would be amazing.  The link below uses GET tokens to show all B777 under 5 years old with 90%+ condition and cargo only capacity:

https://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/Used?Keyword=777&filterAge=5&filterCond=90&filterCond2=1&filterPax=9999

Mort

Quote from: LemonButt on October 27, 2020, 01:10:19 AM
Doesn't work on your phone when it boots you out due to expired PHP session and you have to start over every time :)

Well, like I said, I log in on the dashboard tab where the session will likely have expired, without touching my UM tab. Once logged in, I swap back to the UM tab and hit the call button.