Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Istanbul Airport Swap  (Read 53 times)

Offline CraigAbz

• Members
Istanbul Airport Swap
« on: September 16, 2020, 03:36:48 PM »
Similar to the Medan changeover in another post, when Istanbul swaps to a new airport there is some very unrealistic changes in demand esp noticed on long haul e.g Toronoto going from 500 to about 100, KL and Miami as well, sufficient dips to trigger oversupply warnings when I was previously undersupplying them. 

Whilst a new airport may tweak demand, I don't think it would realistically have such a drastic effect.  Spoils the game a bit too when I need to rejig 7-aircraft permutations, and my spreadsheet of demand throughtout every conceivable destination is now of questionable accuracy.

Craig

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php?topic=85991.new#new

Offline CraigAbz

• Members
Re: Istanbul Airport Swap
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 03:39:39 PM »
PS

Beginners World 2. 

New airport is LTFM

My airline is Stroch Air

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Istanbul Airport Swap
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 07:32:32 PM »
Similar to the Medan changeover in another post, when Istanbul swaps to a new airport there is some very unrealistic changes in demand esp noticed on long haul e.g Toronoto going from 500 to about 100, KL and Miami as well, sufficient dips to trigger oversupply warnings when I was previously undersupplying them. 

Whilst a new airport may tweak demand, I don't think it would realistically have such a drastic effect.  Spoils the game a bit too when I need to rejig 7-aircraft permutations, and my spreadsheet of demand throughtout every conceivable destination is now of questionable accuracy.

Craig

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php?topic=85991.new#new

Yes.  I am not sure why these large random changes, especially reductions in demand.

On Incheon opening, for example, demand from Ankara dropped by 50%

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.