Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Infrastructure??  (Read 89 times)

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
Infrastructure??
« on: September 13, 2020, 02:26:34 AM »
Okay.. What's up with our infrastructure system??  Case in point.. It's 2025 in this game world.. A320's or any other large aircraft still can't operate out of Melbourne, Fl.. KMLB.. I lived there for 10 years.. Eastern and National were bringing 727's and DC-9's into KMLB in the early 70's!  Jackson MS - Hawkins field (KHKS) has been upgraded to accept large  aircraft.. I learned to fly there.. it has a runway length of 1642.. Tell me what large aircraft can operate out of there?  Delta accidentally landed a MD-80 there one time and they had to take all the seats out and strip it of excess weight just to be able to fly it out.. I thought we were trying to get more realistic with these game worlds?? 

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Infrastructure??
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 02:37:28 AM »
Just because it can support large aircraft doesn't mean it airlines can actually use it--1600m runway limits actual operations with most large aircraft not being able to land there.  See this: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,82131.msg492263.html#msg492263

Offline Mort

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 06:36:40 AM »
Okay.. What's up with our infrastructure system??  Case in point.. It's 2025 in this game world.. A320's or any other large aircraft still can't operate out of Melbourne, Fl.. KMLB.. I lived there for 10 years.. Eastern and National were bringing 727's and DC-9's into KMLB in the early 70's!  Jackson MS - Hawkins field (KHKS) has been upgraded to accept large  aircraft.. I learned to fly there.. it has a runway length of 1642.. Tell me what large aircraft can operate out of there?  Delta accidentally landed a MD-80 there one time and they had to take all the seats out and strip it of excess weight just to be able to fly it out.. I thought we were trying to get more realistic with these game worlds??

HatF didn't benefit from a relatively recent changelog entry that updated initial infra level based on runway

Unfortunately this GW is a bit of a mess in terms of both slots and infrastructure

Offline groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 09:53:08 AM »
ooooh Melbourne .. got rellies there excellent town I'd love to live next to the sea.. Though my #1 spot would be Far Rockaway. I had rellies there and outside their window were 747s at 200ft blasting off from JFK.. sea on both sides.. sand lazily blowing over the roads like in Lawrence of Arabia cor

Simon

Offline Wreck

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 03:45:57 PM »
HatF didn't benefit from a relatively recent changelog entry that updated initial infra level based on runway

Unfortunately this GW is a bit of a mess in terms of both slots and infrastructure

Nicely understated, add cargo & the UM to the list.

Offline Mort

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 06:19:12 PM »
Nicely understated, add cargo & the UM to the list.

Would have been a nice touch after the changelog entry for infra based on runway length to go back and apply it to the older GWs for sure.

Cargo has had quite the rollercoaster of fixes and breakages, but should be in a decent position now?

What was the issue with the UM? Back when the game world opened?

Offline Wreck

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 07:12:53 PM »
My problem with the UM is that no matter how low I price an aircraft for sale an AI broker steps in and undercuts me, have given up with it now. Heaps of scrap metal in a desert somewhere near Atlanta.

Cargo appears to work for large & v large aircraft but doesn't support anything smaller.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.