Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Engine Commonality  (Read 276 times)

Offline Vanquo

• Members
Engine Commonality
« on: August 23, 2020, 07:00:11 PM »
Area Pratt and Whitney (the jet engines on large aircraft) and Pratt and Whitney Canada (turboprops) count as the same company for commonality purposes?

Offline MikeS

• Members
Re: Engine Commonality
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 08:04:40 PM »
Hi,
That doesn't really matter. It's about the engine families, so try to stick to one engine family per aircraft type you fly (eg: only PW4000 series on the B767). Keep in mind, the penalties for having too many engine families isn't as bad as having too many aircraft types (not even close).

Cheers!
Mike

Offline sanabas

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 08:39:45 PM »
Engine commonality is almost irrelevant. Wouldn't make any effort to pay attention to it when acquiring planes from UM.

Offline Vanquo

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 09:15:21 PM »
Ok, thank you both for the info!

Offline Vanquo

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 08:51:29 PM »
Boy apparently the two different PW engines for the 767 are considered totally different (the JTD verses the PW 4000). I thought there wouldn't be any issue since my 737's don't incur any extra line items for their different CFM variants. But that slight different in Pratt & Whitney engine meant that my first 767's were costing me 100k/month each in commonality....yikes!

Offline MikeS

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 09:38:31 PM »
As we said, it's per engine family. The PW4000 series is technically very different from the JTD series. Then again, 100K  per month is really peanuts in the grand scheme of things... If it helps you expand faster, it's totally worth it...unless it triggers your OCD!

Mike

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.