Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Losing money at the start of the game?!  (Read 451 times)

Offline Ocean1234

• Members
Losing money at the start of the game?!
« on: August 22, 2020, 06:22:09 PM »
I checked the Income Statement and saw that the expenses where high. Can you help with this?

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Losing money at the start of the game?!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 06:30:15 PM »
First few weeks are challenging to make profit.  Your Route Image needs to increase for you to make more money.

BTW, that DHC Turbo Prop is not a good aircraft for LAX.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 07:15:55 PM »
You don't have enough fleet use either. One of your 757s seems to fly only from 0600 to 1600. It's far from enough. You need to milk those babies much more. Starting at 6, counting the last turnaround and the A check, it should ideally land back around 2340/2350.

Offline Isithot2005

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 12:09:42 AM »
Just keep flying small, fly into smaller airport to make the money

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 08:23:59 AM »
You don't have enough fleet use either. One of your 757s seems to fly only from 0600 to 1600. It's far from enough. You need to milk those babies much more. Starting at 6, counting the last turnaround and the A check, it should ideally land back around 2340/2350.

It should be flying all night! An absolute must early in the game.  There must be loads of places you could send a 757 on a redeye from LAX - departing 10pm to midnight, arriving somewhere a couple of timezones east after 5am and then back to LAX.  Sitting on the ground even from midnight to 6am is a huge waste with any leased aircraft. Choose those kid of routes first and then fit the other ones around them.

Offline Zorak

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 09:58:40 AM »
Not just at the start of the game but when starting an airline in general you will be losing money the first 2 to 3 months it's normal and will balance out once your route and company image improve: I usually start some campaigns on the first few routes for 2 months and that costs you something but it helps a lot at the start

Offline Ocean1234

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 08:45:48 PM »
Not just at the start of the game but when starting an airline in general you will be losing money the first 2 to 3 months it's normal and will balance out once your route and company image improve: I usually start some campaigns on the first few routes for 2 months and that costs you something but it helps a lot at the start
I think I have found the solution.

I added a marketing to one of my routes in History and the Future and it said that I was making money.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2020, 01:03:36 AM »
Rule #1: Patience. Set up the first routes (full schedule for two aircraft) and keep your cool for the first few weeks. Do not spend all your cash at once.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.