HKG, Middle East and African Cargo Demand

Started by Tuckernut, July 29, 2020, 09:03:06 PM

Tuckernut

Maybe I am the only one that has noticed that in virtually every game scenario that I have played in with the exception of the all cargo challenge, there is never any demand for cargo in or out of HKG, the Middle East and most places in Africa. South American is another place that never seems to require any cargo.

I am curious why the game is set this way.  In real life HKG is a huge cargo hub with many large freighters from around the world.  Nearby cities like BKK, CAN, TPE, ICN and others have ample and continually growing demand.  You wind up chasing passengers only, especially through South America and with the exception of JNB and some of the North African cities there is decent demand for passengers but no freight.

Is this a choice Sami has made or just the way it has worked out?

Thanks.

LemonButt

Everything is based on the absolute values for a country and the relative values based on catchment areas which means countries with low GDP etc have lower demand.

groundbum2

I can't speak for other places but HKG usually has HUGE outbound cargo, behind HND/JFK/LAX/LHR/FRA but ahead of everybody else, but no inbound cargo.

Simon

rl9147

HKG?? Agree with Simon, HKG has huge cargo demand (mainly out of HKG). I current have over 1500 freighters flying out of HKG in History & Future GW.  Demand didn't really start to grow till the 90s in this GW, but when it did it exploded.