Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Aircraft insurance  (Read 169 times)

Online LemonButt

• Members
[-] Aircraft insurance
« on: July 27, 2020, 05:47:30 AM »
It appears that I'm paying insurance for aircraft that are for sale and not in operation and also something weird going on with a single aircraft (A320) that is actually leased out?  All my Tu204 and MD90 are listed for sale and I have zero A320 in my possession, but I'm paying liability insurance in case passengers get hurt when the aircraft isn't being operated?  It seems these insurance costs should be zero...

« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 04:14:39 PM by Sami »

Offline groundbum2

• Members
Re: Aircraft insurance
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 08:30:16 AM »
the cost may be zero, that page is just listing aircraft that you own/operate/lease/lease out. The number at the bottom states how much insurance you're paying. But it could be double charging, in that as owner you're paying insurance, and then whoever is leasing it from you is also paying insurance. Hard to tell..

S

Online LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 01:46:00 PM »
I have over 100 aircraft that are leased that are NOT showing up on this page, so I don't think it's just a display issue.

Offline groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 05:55:57 PM »
could there be a lag, when was the A320 leased out? Have you double checked the lease hasn't been cancelled and the plane is back with you?

S

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 04:06:54 PM »
You need to pay the insurance regardless if the a/c is in operation or not. So just listing it for sale doesn't make it insurance-free. Planes in desert parking do not need insurance.

The a/c leased out shouldn't be on that list though. But can't replicate that. Most likely the a/c is being delivered to the new owner (the 2 week period).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 04:14:36 PM by Sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.