Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] My suggestions after playing all 4 games  (Read 677 times)

qetuouk

• Former member
[-] My suggestions after playing all 4 games
« on: April 29, 2009, 05:54:22 AM »
Hi im Steve i have played every game except air travel boom, i usually play  as Magic Carpet. I have some suggestions for you to considered to further improve this great game/sim.

1.  Second hubs
Parameters ie 2nd hub must be size 4 or less and within same country as airline
2. Airport expansion
airlines / alliances can pay to upgrade an airports runway lenght and/or its maximum movements p/hour
3. Hub Facaties
Airlines are able to add first class suites, hotels, car parks etc to hub airport
4. Country Repuatations
Airlines have a reputation in each major nation, this may cause the airline to be well used by the nation or even be banned due to poor safety record/ old fleet
5. aircraft discounts
airlines based in an aircraft manufactorers country may recieve discounts (ir russian airlines would be able to purchase cheap tuvolevs)
6. unlimited tech stops
it is impossible to connect London and Auckland say, until a plane capable of flying 6500nm non stop becomes available, unlimted tech stops would solve this
7. changable catering standards
simple and like staff people choose a percentage to spend on meal quality of each class where 100% is standard
8. passengers will swap classes
SOME passengers will change class from the desired if they are really desperate to travel and they have no supply in there desired class
9. passengers will change day
SOME passengers will change day of travel from the desired if they are really desperate to travel and they have no supply on there desired day
10. annual awards
best asian airline 2009, saftest airline 2009 etc
11. oil price
airlines have the ability to pre guantantee a set oil/fuel price with a company. Giving the airline a stable price regradless of fall or gain. For example at $50/kg an airline may be able to sign a contract with a oil supplier to supply all next year fuel at $55/kg regardless of changes in the market prices
12. loans betwwen airlines
players may loan from each other
13. adhoc flights
airlines may sign contracts with companys to provide special flights, eg UK Hoildays might want 200 passengers from Aberdeen to Ibiza every Wednesday only, where British Black Fuel might want 250 oil workers from London to Dubai evey Tuesday and Friday. This would give the airline a set price for the flight regardless of how many people actually flew
14. changable baggage allowence
lowering would slightly improve range/ passenger whilst decreasing cust satifaction, and vise visa
15. passengers account for aircraft speed
passengers would reckonise Concord as a much fasters option ad be prepared to pay for it

I hope this helps
Great game already thou   ::)

steve
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:59:54 PM by sami »

samomuransky

• Former member
Re: My suggestions after playing all 4 games
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:57:58 AM »
8. passengers will swap classes
SOME passengers will change class from the desired if they are really desperate to travel and they have no supply in there desired class
Well, passengers are stupid. I just cannot sale first on one route (but i need it in aircraft for another route) so I decided to have same price in Y, C and F.. And stupid passengers still flying in Y even when they can have C or F for the same price ;D

Branmuffin

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 08:47:07 AM »
1. Already being worked on.

2. I would like to see this too, but it's not a high priority IMO.

3. Excellent, fantastic idea that I hope gets implemented.

4. Meh.  Doesn't company image take care of this already?  Why does it matter if a country dislikes you or not if passengers refuse to fly on your routes anyway?  Either way, you are punished for being a bad airline.

5. Is it really necessary?

6. Another one that sounds ok, but would people really use it?

7. Excellent idea that has been suggested many times before; hopefully something like this is in the pipeline.

8. Don't they already do this?  (i think it's possible to get, say, 10 pax in F class on a specific route even if the demand is only for 5.)

9. Meh. How would you notice this?

10. Aren't these what the statistic rankings are for?

11. Good idea.  Fuel hedging happens in real life, why not here to? ;)

12. Is this really needed?

13. Cool idea; it would add a new dimension to the game and be interesting to compete with other airlines for contracts to do charter flights or things like that.

14. I could see this being a good idea if it reduced fuel burn, but would an increase in range really have a big enough effect to be worth the decrease in image?

15. I am pretty sure they already do this.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 12:33:50 PM »
8. Like Branmuffin said, they already swap classes. Not much, but they do it.

9. The idea of this is, that you could for example fly to a destination with 200 pax/day 3 times/week. Now, you have 1400 pax/week, and if at least some of them change days, you could talk about some 300-400 pax/day, even though it initially was only 200.

11. This has been discussed before, and Sami said that it won't be implemented, because since the fuel price is based on real history, every1 would know when the prices change and to which direction, thus allowing a massive exploitation. For example, airlines could avoid the whole fuel crisis in the 70s by buying all the fuel they need just before the prices rocket.

12. probably won't be implemented, since this, again, would allow a rather massive exploitation by players.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 12:47:43 PM »
1 - on the list

2 - airlines do not contribute to airport costs like runways. They can build hangars and such, and also fund terminals in USA, but not else. Airlines pay airport fees (landing/parking etc) which are used by the apt. management to fund the upkeep & upgrades of the airport.

3 - too much micromanagement. The lounges would go under service levels or ground handling module. yet again car parks and such are same as #2

4 - at the moment global company image does the trick but I am planning other country-specific economy things and this could be used there. But probably not.

5 - this would mainly apply only to Soviet Union era where the 'economy' was rather different. Or other cold war era countries selling cheap planes to friendly countries. In modern world I doubt this exists.

6 - Technically not possible.

7 - Planned

8 - They do already, has quite strict limits though and logic not that good if prices are nonstandard

9 - This is a needed feature.

10 - Hmm. Sounds interesting.

11 - Already discussed, not implemented unless fuel prices are set to 100% random / other unknown model.

12 - Airlines are not banks.

13 - Charters are planned someday.

14 - Micromanagement and effect on a/c range is minimal.

15 - Already modeled with small effect.

qetuouk

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 02:40:24 PM »
Thanks for reading my suggestions and was delighted to see each one considered and reviewed

:D

Aliens62

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 07:51:03 PM »
With regard to 12, perhaps he means ACMI (Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance, Insurance) subchartering of aircraft rather than loaning money.
This is something real world airlines do all the time, in fact some airlines base their entire business model on it (Air Atlanta for example).
You could decide that you would leave some of your fleet available for subcharter work either on a flight by flight basis on wet or damp lease it to another airline for a set period of time.
You would need the Lessee to guarantee a certain amount of block hours per month, and the more they guarantee the lower the hourly rate.  It could add a whole new dimension to an already impressive game.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.