Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Temporary Slot Acquisition Quota  (Read 236 times)

Offline JJP

• Members
Temporary Slot Acquisition Quota
« on: June 13, 2020, 12:24:34 PM »
In attempting to create a 7-day schedule, I received the following "error":
The following errors were found:

The slots at KLAX cannot be acquired since you have exceeded the temporary slot acquisition quota for this airport. This airport is slot-limited and a temporary quota is in force to allow also other players to purchase slots. This restriction will be lifted automatically. Please see the airport slot page for details.

The changes have not been saved. Please try again.

How am I supposed to create a 7-day schedule?  Now, all of my aircraft are sitting around waiting for this temp quota to go away so I can finish setting up the schedule.  This is nuts  . . .  >:(

Just found out I have to wait 5 game days.  Seriously?  How are you ever supposed to create a 7-day schedule?  The pretzel twisting the game rules go through to get people to be civil and fair is really amazing. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 12:30:08 PM by JJP »

Offline knobbygb

• Members
Re: Temporary Slot Acquisition Quota
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 12:39:42 PM »
Has there been some recent change that may affect how and when this kicks in? I only ask because I got the same warning yesterday and I've never had it before in all my years of playing.  I hadn't even been doing anything particularly 'intense' - I just created around 6 or 7 routes in one day and maybe only 20 in the previous month.

EDIT: Apparently my quota is 50 slots every 5 game days - so I guess I tried to create 8 routes. This limit is usually only applied when slots are severely limited isn't it?  I'm at HND in Asia Challenge and only around 45% of all slots have been used up.  It feels like the limits must have been changed.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 12:42:56 PM by knobbygb »

Online Andre090904

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 01:12:27 PM »
I am pretty sure this happens right after an airport upgrade (when more slots release). And yes, it's a real pita.

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 01:29:27 PM »
I am not slot hogging.  I am creating new routes on a 7-day schedule and closing the old ones that I am replacing.  So, I am giving back as many slots as I am taking.  Now, I have planes sitting with half or no schedule; I have routes I'm not flying, and I'll probably start getting slot warnings for taking up slots I'm not using because I have to wait to complete my schedule!   >:(

Offline groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 09:59:37 PM »
don't give back old ones. If you're doing a "rebuild" the odds are you'll reuse these slots as you go

but these restrictions are only supposed to kick in after a major change, either an infra upgrade or a BK. And the BK doesn't necessarily have to be at that airport, it could be somebody at another base but who has a lot of slots at your airport..

And the five days is five game days not real days so a pain but not that bad...

Simon

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 03:10:09 PM »
Dropping a bunch of slots while rescheduling can also trigger it...

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2020, 09:18:59 AM »
Dropping a bunch of slots while rescheduling can also trigger it...

Yess Sirrr... I keep slot locking myself over these past couple of days -_-"

Fun times, not.

Talentz

Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.