Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Dump plane with AI broker  (Read 366 times)

Offline DanDan

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Dump plane with AI broker
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 09:43:47 AM »
@Sami: Sorry, this is not just annoying anymore, but idiotic. Aircraft trading is basically impossible except for A320 family aircraft. Let us just scrap aircraft if you dont like us to sell them.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2020, 10:38:10 AM »
I agree 100% with DanDan. Companies in though time would have done a great use of my old 737s. I'm just scrapping them at age 16 because at alliance minimum, they don't sell or lease.

Once again, if you use the old system - but by extending the "alliance limits" to private listed airplanes (to avoid the "I played 15 games in Elite but I'm not Elite this time" Syndrome), you solve 99% of exploits. If I agree to purchase CRJs to a company an this company private lists them to me, then I can't purchase outside alliance range. Even though the broker is not within my alliance. This prevents subsidized powerstart for late newcomers outside the alliance. But if the broker does not have any customer, then (s)he can sell at low price - to anyone. To get rid of old crap, and to help late starting players - or players who need some cheap old crap that flies now.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2020, 01:27:32 PM »
GW2 does not have a single 737NG or an A320ceo in the UM. Unheard of.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2020, 08:02:01 PM »
GW2 does not have a single 737NG or an A320ceo in the UM. Unheard of.

I indeed scrapped 14* 737-700. They were not going, and I had money problems. I'd have sold them at scrap price. I did need the cash. Others I could sell, but not the last ones.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2020, 08:09:58 PM »
And by unavailability of NGs and A320s, I mean younger than 10 years. They are still being produced...

Offline Chris Spiegel

• Members
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 01:33:52 PM »
I personally don't like this idea. AI brokers already purchase planes randomly just like a player could buy a plane.
The guaranteed "buy model" exists with scrapping already.

I'd rather re-work the min / max pricing model to an offer vs. demand model. Let me make an example.
Let's say a new plane A that has never been sold before has a list price of $ 100 million. Then the min / max could be defined as - / + 20% of the list price, i.e. $ 80 to $ 120 million. (AI brokers would randomly choose prices in that range or based on age, techn. condition etc.)

After planes are sold, the average selling price of that plane could be the new base. Let's say nobody wants that model and it's sold for only $ 80 to $ 90 million on average. Let's keep the example simple and say 3 planes were sold for $ 80, $ 85, $ 90 million, then the average selling price and the new "base" for min / max prices would be $ 85 million.
Thus the new allowed price range would be $ 68 to $ 102 million (- / + 20% of $ 90 million).

This would allow a real economy to unfold based on offer and demand and there would be no necessity anymore to differentiate between alliance and non-alliance min / max prices.
Risk is that with models only 1-2 players fly (e.g. I fly the Mercure in AoF no one wants) a very small amount of players could drive prices up or down. To prevent that the average price of a plane to define min / max prizes could only be recalculated after at least e.g. 10 airlines have bought that plane.

Inflation mechanisms can just stay in place.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 01:35:57 PM by Chris Spiegel »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.