Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Order Cancellations under Airline Industry News  (Read 633 times)

jagalubnan

• Former member
[-] Order Cancellations under Airline Industry News
« on: April 28, 2009, 07:15:15 PM »
Under the section "Aircraft Orders" under "Airline Industry News" it shows all of the orders that airlines have made. Is it possible to also include any cancellations that airlines have made on their orders? Or is that already a feature in there?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:05:28 AM by sami »

jagalubnan

• Former member
Re: Order Cancellations under Airline Industry News
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 09:58:09 PM »
*Bump
what do you guys think?

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 09:59:35 PM »
The aircraft order system is going to be changed anyway so that cancellations will really not be that interesting anymore.

Branmuffin

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 07:35:13 AM »

Offline Idioteque

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 08:20:52 AM »
From my understanding if the airline ahead in the queue has gone bust, we will receive our order earlier than scheduled... this would be a good idea but foremost it would also help if we receive a system notification to inform the change in delivery date (if it hadn't been already)
FalconAir - Your Window To The World

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 03:29:10 PM »
From my understanding if the airline ahead in the queue has gone bust, we will receive our order earlier than scheduled... this would be a good idea but foremost it would also help if we receive a system notification to inform the change in delivery date (if it hadn't been already)

Actually, right now, it doesn't work that way.

If someone ahead of you goes bankrupt, someone else can buy their spot in the queue.

I just did this last night with some DC-10-30s.  Normally the queue is some 5 years long.  But I put in order in last night scheduled for delivery in just 4 months.  It just happened to be the right sized order to fill someone hole they left.

Branmuffin

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 04:25:09 AM »
Actually, right now, it doesn't work that way.

If someone ahead of you goes bankrupt, someone else can buy their spot in the queue.

I just did this last night with some DC-10-30s.  Normally the queue is some 5 years long.  But I put in order in last night scheduled for delivery in just 4 months.  It just happened to be the right sized order to fill someone hole they left.

Now THAT seems unfair... ???

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 08:23:50 AM »
Now THAT seems unfair... ???

That is very unfair but I thought it was sort of common knowledge (at least it has been covered on the forums a number of times). That is also why I try to place small orders for popular planes all the time just in case there happens to be an opening. And that is also why the next version will (hopefully) have a totally revamped ordering system.

Offline Idioteque

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 11:59:58 PM »
That is very unfair but I thought it was sort of common knowledge (at least it has been covered on the forums a number of times). That is also why I try to place small orders for popular planes all the time just in case there happens to be an opening. And that is also why the next version will (hopefully) have a totally revamped ordering system.

Bummer I'm so out of touch!  :-[ Well at least sort of common knowledge doesn't equate to common sense  ;D
FalconAir - Your Window To The World

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.