Improper Ramp Check

Started by Tuckernut, May 10, 2020, 06:55:54 AM

Tuckernut

My aircraft D-GAAK an A350-900 was scheduled for a B check and was in maintenance when it was hit with an improper fine for a missed B check.  It is in Beginner's Game 2 flying as Deutsche Fluglinie.

Also, in addition to a fine, why does it decrease your corporate image by ten points?  That sounds pretty excessive in addition to a monetary fine.

Can you please explain this draconian punishment?  You work hard to maintain image and 10 points is way too severe.

Tuckernut

Mort

Quote from: Tuckernut on May 10, 2020, 06:55:54 AM
My aircraft D-GAAK an A350-900 was scheduled for a B check and was in maintenance when it was hit with an improper fine for a missed B check.  It is in Beginner's Game 2 flying as Deutsche Fluglinie.

Also, in addition to a fine, why does it decrease your corporate image by ten points?  That sounds pretty excessive in addition to a monetary fine.

Can you please explain this draconian punishment?  You work hard to maintain image and 10 points is way too severe.

Tuckernut

Draconian? Yikes...

Kind of makes sense for your airline's image to be effected when you aren't maintaining your planes correctly..

Tuckernut

My point was that the aircraft had always had A and B checks scheduled since it went into service and was in a mx check when it got hit with a fine.  How can that be?

You spend millions of dollars on corporate image, pay a fine and then have to pay tens of millions to regain your image.  That is draconian.  This ramp check was bogus in the first place.  You can commit major felonies that don't carry that severe of a penalty.

Admins, please recheck this.  I try to be very conscientious about Mx checks.

Tuckernut

gazzz0x2z

Happened to me once.

Since, I'm always scheduling tech stops first. Never had any problem anymore.

sanabas

Quote from: Tuckernut on May 10, 2020, 03:04:12 PM
My point was that the aircraft had always had A and B checks scheduled since it went into service and was in a mx check when it got hit with a fine.  How can that be?

Open a bug report.

Wreck

I got ramp checked on a newly acquired aircraft between the time that I scheduled routes and added the maintenance schedule, less than 2 minutes real time. Sami wasn't interested. The CI drop is horrendous.

Mort

Quote from: Wreck on May 23, 2020, 10:46:24 PM
I got ramp checked on a newly acquired aircraft between the time that I scheduled routes and added the maintenance schedule, less than 2 minutes real time. Sami wasn't interested. The CI drop is horrendous.

Happened to me once too, have forced myself to always add the maintenance checks first since then. Tedious though..

Wreck

Yes, me too now. Tedious & unnecessary for the sake of a little fix.

sanabas

It only checks at the end of the day when it assigns pax, so if I'm coming up to a day change I'll just pause in assigning schedules for a minute to ensure both maintenance and staff have been added. Plus if assigning a lot of schedules, I'll schedule and immediately add maintenance to the first plane, including a manual B-check if needed. Then just move that schedule to another plane, which also triggers an automatic B-check. Then just keep adding schedules to the first plane only, moving them each time. Saves needing to look through the list of planes for the unscheduled ones.