A few questions

Started by _martijn, March 30, 2020, 07:09:39 PM

_martijn

Dear all,

After a few years of getting away, I just started again in the beginnersworld. Hopefully you can help me out with three questions I have:
1. I can still remember to have the (ticket)price of your competitors visible on routes. Does this still exists?
2. What could be an advantage of blocking cargo space?
3. What could be the reason to pay yourself as an airline CEO?

Regards,
Martijn

knobbygb

1. That's never been available as far as I remember (I've been playing for 9 years) and it certainly isn't now.

2.  To make a small saving on handling costs. I believe some of your staffing MIGHT be geared to the small amounts of cargo that may turn up on those routes where it's automatically blocked or is very low, but I've never bothered to experiment. I guess there's a small amount of money to be saved there - an extra ground handler to unload 5kg of light cargo?  It might also effect the dynamic shifting of cargo between nearby airports.  For example, if I fly a turboprop out of a small regional airport right next to a mega-hub I might turn off cargo so that some of the demand isn't drained away from my larger flight from the hub.  Also, of you're bothered about your statistics, it would stop you having lots of cargo routes with 1% or 2% (or zero) Load Factor - this making the stats look better.

3.  None, other than vanity.

gazzz0x2z

Quote from: _martijn on March 30, 2020, 07:09:39 PM1. I can still remember to have the (ticket)price of your competitors visible on routes. Does this still exists?
Playing since 2014, never saw that.

Quote from: _martijn on March 30, 2020, 07:09:39 PM2. What could be an advantage of blocking cargo space?
Increasing your cargo load factor. Which increases your score more than carrying 100kg of light on a short distance.

(now, the question is - are you chasing after score?)

Quote from: _martijn on March 30, 2020, 07:09:39 PM3. What could be the reason to pay yourself as an airline CEO?

Getting the achievements of being first, second, or third. And the pleasure to beat others at this specific competition.