New special scenario: Speedy Recovery

Started by Sami, March 17, 2020, 08:12:08 PM

Sami

Speedy Recovery game will open on Thursday March 19th

» Pre-join now!

The world has entered a new an unknown era and most of us are urged to stay home for the next weeks. AirwaySim would like to keep you entertained and hence we're opening a new surprise simulation scenario outside of our normal game rotation plans.

The new game world is called Speedy Recovery and it will open this Thursday, March 19th 2020, at 16 UTC (that's 12-noon in NYC and 01am in Tokyo).

This is a special-rules game with a very quick day speed, and you can expect some unexpected things to happen.
  • Time span: 2015 - 2035, at 15 minutes per game day.
  • Normal difficulty level / Short length scenario.
  • All airports globally and all aircraft models included.
  • There are no political restrictions on expanding your airline ( = open new base airports anywhere)
  • The overall play duration of this game is about 2,5 months.
  • You may expect some events and other changes not seen in the standard AirwaySim games.

Stay healthy and welcome to join the latest AirwaySim airline game!

» Pre-join Speedy Recovery game

Sami

And just to clarify: There will be a global health crisis event. Won't tell you when nor how it will pan out. Not a direct copy of what we're seeing now in the real life.

Please expect something unexpected ;)

schlaf

This gameworld sounds so fun!!!!   Good work Sami!!!

wtdawg

MikeS

I'm already quarantined playing two simultaneous GWs ....... but this one sounds too intriguing to look the other way....hmmm...and considering they just passed "Dry Law" here, meaning all alcohol is banned in order to discourage social gatherings.....I might just cave in.

Sami: Any chance to have "experimental" city based demand activated????

Mike

konchr

LemonButt

This is going to sound insane, but are aircraft registration patterns defined at the player or base level?  i.e. if I HQ in the US and open a base in Hong Kong, will all those aircraft in Hong Kong have an N123AB registration pattern because my HQ is in the US or it will be B-HAB because they're in Hong Kong?  I assume I'm not the only one that uses registration numbers to keep things organized which is why I'm asking in advance...

Tha_Ape

Quote from: LemonButt on March 18, 2020, 06:25:25 PM
This is going to sound insane, but are aircraft registration patterns defined at the player or base level?  i.e. if I HQ in the US and open a base in Hong Kong, will all those aircraft in Hong Kong have an N123AB registration pattern because my HQ is in the US or it will be B-HAB because they're in Hong Kong?  I assume I'm not the only one that uses registration numbers to keep things organized which is why I'm asking in advance...

At least in Europe, we have to follow national types. Though so far, everything's fine (AMS: PH-ABC; FCO: I-ABCD; LIS: CS-ABC; DUB: EI-ABC). I just double the 1st letter in Italy.

Wreck

Quote from: LemonButt on March 18, 2020, 06:25:25 PM

Just opened a base in another country, it uses the format for the country that the base is in, so a whole variety of formats to use  :)