Schedule of next game worlds

Started by Sami, March 11, 2020, 04:35:17 PM

Sami

The planned new AirwaySim game worlds for the spring are as follows:

• The Jet Age (1960-1992): Worldwide scenario. Opens early April. Mid-length scenario with ~8 months of play time.

• Asia Challenge (2010-2025): Regional game, starting mid-May. Short scenario, about 3 months.

• Beginner's World (2015-2025): New scenario starts every month. Short and easy game world lasting about 2 months.

• The next epic length game world is planned to start in autumn (there are always 3 epic games in parallel).

Further details and dates are published closer to the launch of each game.

JumboShrimp

Sami

Modern Times is one of the three rotating mid-length games. (When it's about to end it will be replaced with the Jet Age)

JumboShrimp

I have to say that I am not a big fan of MT being replaced by Jet Age.

Mort

I guess TMT will start again as DotM finishes? The schedule graphic you posted a while back has the next TMT start as December though, not July?

Talentz

Sami ~ Could we get a few more aircraft models added before the start of Jet Age? Also, what new features are you planning to add in time for the new GWs?

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

tungstennedge

MT is my favourite kind of world, shame to see Ill need a long wait before I can play another one, (I missed this current one).

Also, is there any chance every that we get a gameworld, that has a faster tick rate? Say 15 min days, so that its possible to complete a long world in a shorter IRL time span? I would be very interested in a world like this, im not sure about the rest of the players however.

LemonButt

Quote from: tungstennedge on March 11, 2020, 07:09:27 PM
MT is my favourite kind of world, shame to see Ill need a long wait before I can play another one, (I missed this current one).

Also, is there any chance every that we get a gameworld, that has a faster tick rate? Say 15 min days, so that its possible to complete a long world in a shorter IRL time span? I would be very interested in a world like this, im not sure about the rest of the players however.

History and the Future is in 2004 and is effectively Modern Times.

Sami

Quote from: Talentz on March 11, 2020, 06:47:00 PM
Sami ~ Could we get a few more aircraft models added before the start of Jet Age?

Which ones?

JumboShrimp

Quote from: tungstennedge on March 11, 2020, 07:09:27 PM

Hopefully, the next MT world will go from 1998-2035, not 2030.

Game day time of 30 min is IMO just fine...

ArcherII

Quote from: Sami on March 11, 2020, 07:22:51 PM
Which ones?

Turbo Convairs and freighter conversions, BAe 146/RJ QFs, A310Fs.

Tha_Ape

Quote from: ArcherII on March 11, 2020, 09:19:33 PM
Turbo Convairs and freighter conversions, BAe 146/RJ QFs, A310Fs.

CV 580, 5800 etc. make no sense, as stated many times before. Because of the current game mechanics. We'd need to wait for another system. They sure could be implemented, but wouldn't be as interesting as they were IRL.

Lennertlenor

I'd rather see a 744 combi then  ;)

ArcherII

Quote from: Tha_Ape on March 11, 2020, 10:26:25 PM
CV 580, 5800 etc. make no sense, as stated many times before. Because of the current game mechanics. We'd need to wait for another system. They sure could be implemented, but wouldn't be as interesting as they were IRL.

Make it another fleet.

Talentz

If you could...

YS-11A combi/freighter models
A310/A300 Combi/freighters (Both are data ready)

Finishing the 747 family (743M/F and 744M)

Talentz

PS: If you have the spare time to add a whole other fleet group (CV-580 conversions) that would be great as well...
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

LostInBKK

Quote from: LemonButt on March 11, 2020, 07:17:26 PM
History and the Future is in 2004 and is effectively Modern Times.

That is a good shout I will join that now.

Cheers
Lost

MuzhikRB

I am deeply missing Jet Age Epic GW like it was before.
Something like 1970-2035.

Jets only epic  GW. No props at all. It also will be fun to play.

LemonButt

Sami--do you anticipate having city based demand for pax in any of these gameworlds?

Sami

All updates depend on how much free time I'm gonna have on my hands now .. re: world situation.

gazzz0x2z

I might be tempted by the Asia challenge, for a change.

And not in Vietnam, this time  ;D