Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Limit Aircraft Scrapping for First Year of GW  (Read 183 times)

Offline Jetsetter

• Members
[ok] Limit Aircraft Scrapping for First Year of GW
« on: January 26, 2020, 03:15:43 PM »
I am in Euro Challenge, and in the used market there are over 100 Jetstream 31 and 41 aircraft. I was going to build a cute British airline operating British aircraft. But since my slot costs are obscenely high as a proportion of my revenue because I'm flying small airplanes with much higher frequencies, I'm not expanding like the guys who chose 737s and the like.

Now, I'm watching Jetstreams get scrapped at an alarming rate. This far into the game, I've been able to piece together 5 airplanes. I'm no where near critical mass where I can take on new aircraft every week or two.

So essentially there is a bias towards airlines operating larger aircraft that aren't bearing the same slot costs, and now that bias favors them over a small airline on the basis of available equipment types. So I would suggest having a year long moratorium on aircraft scrapping, so that airlines using fringe aircraft types have an opportunity to build up scale and start buying aircraft at a greater frequency (which would in turn limit the amount of automatic scrapping the system is undertaking).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 09:52:45 AM by Sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.