Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft rotation delay  (Read 926 times)

Offline Raibloq

• Members
Aircraft rotation delay
« on: January 25, 2020, 09:59:55 AM »
Hi all,

How is it possible that when I set all my airplanes turnaround at less than ~1% chance on delay, my overall source of delay happening by this same turnaround?

From my Delay panel
Aircraft rotation (delay due short turnaround) | 463 mins | ~ 75.65 % (share of total)

Im using mostly Martin 4-0-4, with a 45 minutes turnaround, which gives me that sweet ~1% indication. Should I add extra time to the turnaround?

Thank you in advance,

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
Re: Aircraft rotation delay
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 10:16:51 AM »
No, the 1% is the right thing to do, no need to go beyond the value that gets you to ~1%.
However, plan the same 45 mins at your base as well, not only at destination.

Offline Raibloq

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 11:31:01 AM »
Thank you for the reply,

Did that, there is always 45-55 minutes between my flights. So I still dont get why i have so much turnaround delay :(

Online sanabas

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 12:09:18 PM »
Your punctuality is 97%. You've got 460 min of turnaround delays over 20 planes & 600 flights. Turnarounds might be 75% of your total delays, but that doesn't mean the turnaround delays are high, it just means the other delays are quite low. It's a little bit higher than expected, but it's still quite reasonable. You probably just got a bit unlucky, and it'll drop next week.

Offline deovrat

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 03:21:39 PM »
Pretty much what sanabas said. I also hope that you put at least min. turnaround time between your last flight & A-check.

Offline Raibloq

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 03:31:13 PM »
Luckily i did  :laugh:

Offline Douglas.Don

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 07:11:03 AM »
Still, -1% should equate to 0 delays via turnaround. Or am I missing basic mathematics...

I ran into the same issue during my past game with the exact same aircraft type. I'm already taking away the prompt turnaround advantage, so why must we endure a further penalty that should not occur with "too quick turnaround"?

Online LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 07:55:32 AM »
You are assuming perfect conditions. If if a flight is late due to weather and lands late, your turnaround time is going to be shorter.  I always give far more than the minimum for 1% for many reasons, but specifically if you are in the early era the extra padding will not only help with delays, but make fleet transitions far easier.

Online sanabas

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 09:35:47 PM »
Still, -1% should equate to 0 delays via turnaround. Or am I missing basic mathematics...

Basic maths says 1 does not equal 0. There will always be some delays due to turnarounds not being completed in time.

You are assuming perfect conditions. If if a flight is late due to weather and lands late, your turnaround time is going to be shorter.  I always give far more than the minimum for 1% for many reasons, but specifically if you are in the early era the extra padding will not only help with delays, but make fleet transitions far easier.

Individual flights are independent. The game engine doesn't decide the morning flight ran a bit late so turns the rest of the day are now shorter. The ONLY benefit to making turns longer than the 1% number is ease of fleet transitions later.

Offline pattzi

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 12:10:51 PM »
Basic maths says 1 does not equal 0. There will always be some delays due to turnarounds not being completed in time.

Individual flights are independent. The game engine doesn't decide the morning flight ran a bit late so turns the rest of the day are now shorter. The ONLY benefit to making turns longer than the 1% number is ease of fleet transitions later.

Why whould it be good for fleet transitions?

Offline Mort

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2020, 12:45:17 PM »
Why whould it be good for fleet transitions?

You might be moving to a fleet that is either a bit slower or has a longer turnaround, or both perhaps

Offline pattzi

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 04:06:51 PM »
You might be moving to a fleet that is either a bit slower or has a longer turnaround, or both perhaps

Yeah i understand

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.