Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] got ramp check without flying an unmaintained plane  (Read 408 times)

Offline sanabas

• Members
[ok] got ramp check without flying an unmaintained plane
« on: January 21, 2020, 05:30:56 AM »
I've just been creating a 7 day schedule in HaF. Airline Pox on pax. I started assigning all the routes to planes at ~0500 on Dec 27, I finished assigning routes and scheduling maintenance at ~1500, with 3 of those planes having expired B-checks, which I did immediately.

At 1200 on Dec 27, I got message to say I'd been ramp checked and fined 195k and my CI has gone from 92.7 down to 83.5.

The money is irrelevant, but as it had taken me 8 months to climb from 90 to 92.7 CI, that penalty is really annoying.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 05:08:14 PM by Sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: got ramp check without flying an unmaintained plane.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 07:09:48 AM »
If you have routes scheduled you are a potential candidate for the ramp checks. The system does not know if you have just scheduled the routes or if they have been there for weeks.

Offline sanabas

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 07:35:04 AM »
Shouldn't it check at midnight when it checks for routes to fly, and not at midday? At midnight the night before the planes had no routes. At midnight that night it was in B-check, there was never a route flown by an unchecked plane.

I only got the CI fine because it takes time to physically place schedules on a plane and then pick the maintenance time, and I got unlucky and got checked during those 10 minutes? It's not possible to schedule all the routes at once, because moving from page 1 to 2 of the selections forgets everything you've flagged on page 1. Particularly for a shorthaul schedule.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 09:00:55 AM »
Yes probably easiest if the check is changed there instead.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 12:46:51 PM »
The reason why I always begin by setting up the A & B checks before scheduling the flights. This happened to me once. Not twice. I learned the lesson.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.