Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Cargo update  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 5 people who like this post:
Cargo update
« on: January 19, 2020, 11:29:13 AM »
The City Based Demand v.2.0 for cargo has been implemented today to this game world.

Details in the changelog: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,58865.msg494363.html#msg494363

Since the game is in early stages and cargo is not yet very big, it's not a big deal to change to the updated system. I have run a full comparison between the cargo's potential and actual demands between v.1 and v.2 and while there are differences, they are not so major that they'd negatively affect any airlines. On the plus side you get the improved system and fully functional CBD mechanics to enjoy for the rest of the game. :)

Offline criley2005

• Members
Re: Cargo update
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 10:43:02 AM »
Aha, that explains why my cargo revenue has halved in the last 5 game weeks! This is going to cause me problems...

Offline sanabas

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 11:06:32 AM »
Aha, that explains why my cargo revenue has halved in the last 5 game weeks! This is going to cause me problems...

That's a weird one on your cargo graph. Everyone else's I saw had a big spike.

Offline reedme

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 11:23:26 AM »
Mine spiked heavily initially, then started to fall back to almost what it was before, probably 20%? more?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 11:39:53 AM »
The system should have now stabilized from the change and the values you see now should be the "final" ones. Depending on your routes you might see an increase or a decrease in your transported cargo since the destinations where cargo goes and cargo classes might shift a bit. The v.2 also fixes a significant issue where cargo was duplicated to two or more airports in the same region so in some cases (areas of overlapping airports) the actual cargo shown was too high. The overall global cargo demand has increased from v.1 though (if looking at all routes globally as a sum of total demand per day).

(I will still keep an eye on things and might make small adjustments since finding the actual balance and level for this era takes a bit of time)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 11:42:06 AM by Sami »

Offline Khungwa_Andy

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 04:14:00 AM »
I Have a question on cargo most routes are fine but this one particular one has been bugging me for 2 Game years. 

I have a route FADN - FAMM with 100 RI, small PAX numbers and cargo but ZERO cargo load ever!!

90kg / day current and 200kg / day potential.  My aircraft can carry 80 kg / flight with no competition & standard pricing

What is the ish???  Other similar routes are rising sloooowly, perhaps in time will rise to fill the current demand then potential demand but where there is no competition, daily flights at sociable hours i don't understand why its stagnating.  the same aircraft on other routes has 20, 80& 100% cargo load on other routes respectively.

(screen grab too large to share)

Offline sanabas

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 04:44:35 AM »
The route planning for that route says you supply 0 on the outbound leg where there is demand, and you only supply 7 pax. The return leg you supply 8 pax and 110kg of cargo, but there's no demand there.

So you'll never carry any cargo on the route, because you're not supplying any as your plane is limited by the range. Swap the dove to a heron, so it's not range limited, and then you'll pick up the cargo too.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.