Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Strange cargo issue OSL-LYR  (Read 1071 times)

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
[ok] Strange cargo issue OSL-LYR
« on: January 18, 2020, 05:24:34 AM »
I noticed a something odd with one of my cargo routes in Modern Times.

Route: OSL-LYR, potential demand a little under 8,000kg (40% CS vs 60% CL) - the return, much less. I have a monopoly and no other nearby airport to consider as LYR is 500nm+ from the nearest airport with any kind of service.

I have been serving this route for many many years with a DH8-400PF but have just noticed that actual the demand has almost disappeared as if the route has not been served. I used to get LF of near 100% for both CS and CL on this route (northbound) and I am not sure when the demand disappeared.

Any idea what is going on? FYI, the cargo demand is working as I would expect on my other two cargo routes (OSL-ALF & OSL-BDU).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 07:08:49 PM by Sami »

Offline sanabas

• Members
Re: Strange cargo issue OSL-LYR
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 05:56:39 AM »
Any routes just get started on nearby airports at either end?
Assuming the actual demand changed and the potential didn't, that'd be my guess.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 07:24:20 AM »
Any routes just get started on nearby airports at either end?
Assuming the actual demand changed and the potential didn't, that'd be my guess.

I can say with certainty that no other route pair should be interfering with OSL-LYR as LYR is 500nm from the nearest airport and I am the only airline operating into it.

Offline sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 07:51:58 AM »
Was thinking more on the Oslo end, but if nobody else is flying to LYR, it wouldn't be that. Unless you're also flying TRF-LYR or something? Those two routes would compete with each other for some of the same demand.
Other guess is D-check for the plane flying meaning it doesn't get flown for a month and demand drops, and then comes back once it is flown.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 08:13:09 AM »
Was thinking more on the Oslo end, but if nobody else is flying to LYR, it wouldn't be that. Unless you're also flying TRF-LYR or something? Those two routes would compete with each other for some of the same demand.
Other guess is D-check for the plane flying meaning it doesn't get flown for a month and demand drops, and then comes back once it is flown.

There are no flights from TRF or RYG to LYR to interfere with OSL-LYR (by me or anyone else).

There are passenger flights from BGO and TRD to LYR, but they are far enough away from OSL that there should be no impact and as they are pax flights, the amount of cargo uplift is minimal, even if there was some overlap.

Interesting idea about D check (although I would think that maintenance wouldn't impact actual demand) but the last D check was almost three years ago, so that's not it either.

So, I think it is safe to say, something isn't working quite as it should  :-\

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 10:34:02 AM »
Data:
- OSL-LYR: No other airports overlapping at departure, nor at arrival end.
- OSL has several squares/areas, LYR only one.
- OSL-LYR supply is good and exceeds the potential. Same on the way back.
- Internal service level value is full 100% for you/this route.

- LYR-OSL actual has reached potential and looks normal.
- OSL-LYR actual is only about 20% of the potential.

==> No apparent reason why. Possibly has been fixed in CBD v.2 already

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 11:48:43 AM »
No change since I posted.

As this route is not new and operated successfully with demand behaving as expected for a long time, could it be the current issue was actually introduced by the latest up date?

I have just deleted the routes and opened it as a new route to see if I can kick-start some kind of response as it almost appeared that the CBD system wasn't recognising there was a flight there (or at least not responding to its presence). I will update whether or not this actually helps resolve the issue or not.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 12:58:52 PM »
No improvement FYI... actual demand unchanged and my aircraft still flying around empty.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 04:44:07 PM »
I have a bunch of routes like that.  CBD 2.0 does not have these issues any more, hopefully, it will get rolled out to currently running game worlds as well.

New Game Worlds already have it.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 07:08:41 PM »
Closed as fixed in v.2.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.