Too many airport expansion messages

Started by FlyZef, January 04, 2020, 07:07:18 AM

FlyZef

Do we need to have so many?

As well as being planned, commenced, finished etc there are so many.  Can we lose say the planed and just have commenced/finished?  There are so many you lose visibility of important events.

JumboShrimp

Depends on the Game World.

MT game world started with vast majority (1500-2000) airports at Size 2 or above (good).

Early start game worlds have this number of airports at level 1 (bad), and therefor are unreachable by "large" planes.

The expansion of Size 1 airports in 1950s start game world was so slow (so few expanded) that they result in completely different game worlds, where majority of airports can't be flown to (compared to MT GW).

This affects mostly the US but also Europe.  There are airports in the US that may have 200-300 demand, even more, that you can't fly a large aircraft to.

Couple of examples:
https://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/X/KATL/KPSP/
https://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/X/KATL/KPSC/

This was discovered as a bug and fixed, which is why you may be seeing more frequent expansions.

But the expansions taking place too infrequently  in fact, to salvage game world like GW2 / HaF.  With the bug fix in place for about a year game time, only 2-3 US airports expanded to Size 2, out of 270 needed to expand.  At this slow pace, it will take 100 years for HaF Game World, in 2095, for this game world to get to the point where MT world starts at in 1998.

Tha_Ape

@JS

While I agree with you, I think the OP just referred to the quantity of messages. Same thing that I asked a few months ago: a rework of the dashboard presentation / filtering, and Sanabas (iirc) did too just a few days ago.

JumboShrimp

Maybe just a few more tabs, and also with longer history.

Airport Expansion should be its own tab, and then, it would not distract from the other World News.  Only Country news and airport opening and closures would be in that tab, as it was originally.