Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Airlines HQ in UK cannot open bases in British Colonies  (Read 345 times)

Offline lpopa93

• Members
[-] Airlines HQ in UK cannot open bases in British Colonies
« on: December 31, 2019, 05:25:38 PM »
My airline is HQ in UK and this time I am focusing on smaller 40pax aircraft that fly regional. I thought it would be a nice idea to open a base in a British colony, but even though there is a considerable list of countries governed by UK, I cannot open a base in any of them. I understand not being able to open a base in Hong Kong, but how about the smaller territories? It's possible for France, Portugal and Netherlands. Why not UK?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 07:10:19 PM by Sami »

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
Re: Airlines HQ in UK cannot open bases in British Colonies
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 05:29:02 PM »
Despite (and in complement) from what I said in the other thread, I definitely think that opening a base in a colony that will later see independence is not a good idea. It will lead to a heavy need of restructuration when you'll have to close it, extra personnel, extra planes, etc.

On the other hand, you can still find plenty of (very) suitable airports in the UK for such regional operations.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Airlines HQ in UK cannot open bases in British Colonies
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 07:09:18 PM »
Not a bug. Intentionally done this way since the rules of the air in the 1950s are a bit unclear (were you legally allowed to open an airline/base there?), and most of the colonies are independent a decade or two after the game starts anyway meaning the closure of the base.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.