Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Payload issues  (Read 221 times)

Offline ljF50

• Members
Payload issues
« on: December 26, 2019, 08:45:10 AM »
Hi all,

could someone explain how the max payload system works in AWS?

I am operating some F28mk3000s out of KEF and looking at, it I get a small max payload issue on the departure.
However, on a lot of return sectors there is a huge penalty. (Eg. MUC to KEF limited to 32 pax)?

Any ideas why this could be as payload is based on rwy length, and obstacles. (not taking into account temp, wind and pressure)
MUC is as flat as it can get and has even a longer runway then KEF.

thanks for the idea's!

krgds,
Yannick

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Payload issues
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 09:13:24 AM »
You can read of the details from the manual: https://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual/Aircraft/Performance/#Payload

Online sanabas

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Payload issues
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 12:25:50 PM »
Any ideas why this could be as payload is based on rwy length, and obstacles. (not taking into account temp, wind and pressure)
MUC is as flat as it can get and has even a longer runway then KEF.

And flight distance, which is the big one. MUC-KEF is 1461 NM. F28-3000 can carry ~65 pax over that distance. But add in a headwind to make the effective distance 10% longer, and it's now 1605 NM, which the range/load graph for that plane says is 37 pax only.

32 pax is effective distance of 1635. If you go to create route and hover over the little ? next to the flight time in that direction, it'll show you taxi time, flight distance, wind, and effective distance. I bet it says the effective distance is ~1635 NM

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.