Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Did the tech stop penalty get bigger?  (Read 698 times)

Offline sanabas

• Members
Did the tech stop penalty get bigger?
« on: December 22, 2019, 03:58:40 PM »
And/or the impact of low CI/RI? I might be misremembering, but I thought LH routes with reasonable demand and no competition were at least viable to start. Instead, I'm getting 10-15 pax out of ~170 demand with CI & RI both at ~15. If I started with 4 LH routes to minimise initial slot expenses, I'd be bankrupt already as the routes have been solidly losing money even before overhead. Just curious if something's changed, for now I'm going to stick it out while RI climbs & hope they eventually improve.

Yet I am getting 88kg of cargo out of ~300 demand. So less than 10% of pax demand, but a touch over 30% of light cargo demand.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 04:00:59 PM by sanabas »

Offline groundbum2

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Did the tech stop penalty get bigger?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 04:36:44 PM »
cargo cares not a bit about tech stops, you could have 100 and it would still fly.

Pax cares less about tech stops in the early years, say until 1970,as they were a feature of air travel. After that as planes get improved range in the real world then non-stops became the norm..

Simon

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 01:46:02 PM »
The RI effect is very hard on cargo - you've really got to get it to 100 to plan on carrying anything material.

Passenger side hasn't changed much, if maybe slightly harder than it used to be with slower growth. If you're significantly under supplying demand, your loads should go up quickly.

Slot costs are likely less of an issue for game starts now due to their pricing being aligned with the dynamic infrastructure levels (but I could be wrong).

Offline sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 02:24:21 PM »
Slot costs are likely less of an issue for game starts now due to their pricing being aligned with the dynamic infrastructure levels (but I could be wrong).

Scheduling the very first plane cost more than leasing it did. Seems a definite brake on initial expansion, though slot costs haven't really increased yet even being up to ~200 in my HQ. So artificially boosted slot costs on day 1, and I suspect I'm just now catching up to that floor. 3 game months in, more than 25% of my revenue to date has been spent on slots, fuel costs so far are under 60% of slot costs. Still think I'm some way off being able to afford 3 planes + slots for them per 8 days.

Passenger side hasn't changed much, if maybe slightly harder than it used to be with slower growth. If you're significantly under supplying demand, your loads should go up quickly.

Not so far on the LH routes. I'm now pulling maybe 25% of Y demand. Just means I need to revise my idea of a viable early route to something bigger, say 400 pax instead of 200.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.