Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Duplicate Marketing Campaigns  (Read 104 times)

Offline Stormbringer748

• Members
Duplicate Marketing Campaigns
« on: November 28, 2019, 01:29:11 PM »
At first I thought I must have missclicked, but then it happened again, where I would select to run a route specific campaign for 1 week, only to see the system charge me for 2, with the second starting 5-6 days after the first???

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Duplicate Marketing Campaigns
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 04:45:06 PM »
Creating multiple route campaigns is possible. But if you would accidentially reload the page, then the starting date would be same. And system actually prevents the accidential double-submissions on this page. Now you have different start dates there (= different input data) so it's not a question of accidential reload, but you must have done it twice yourself. I just tested it and got one campaign just normally there.

Offline Stormbringer748

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 03:56:31 AM »
Well, it just happened again, this time general marketing, one input, two listings, I just don't get it, once you start a campaign, you have to re-enter it to list again, to post twice, and I guarentee you, I did not list the general campaign twice. I've got no idea what's going on, but it's costing me $$$ to cancel all of these duplications, so although you can not repeat the results, can you at least look at my own inputs, and tell me what's going on please, what mistakes myself or the system are making, to have this reocurring issue?

To add to the existing thread, in this instance, and previous examples, I selected to start the campaign in 1-2 weeks ahead of the current time, maybe something else that could be throwing things out???

Thanks in Advance

Storm

P.S. I specifically chose to start the campaign on the 28th March, being a Monday, the Monday after my route specific campaigns expire on the 22nd March, so the second starting date, being the 2nd March, is a complete mystery, I would never have chosen to start the campaign on that date.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 04:31:55 AM by Stormbringer748 »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 09:02:59 AM »
Step by step what you did?
And what browser/OS/etc. so I can try to see if I can see the same

Offline Stormbringer748

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 09:51:00 AM »
W10/Chrome.

1. I selected general campaign
2. selected "My Base Country"
3. selected "Radio"
4. selected "Permanent campaign"
5. selected "Start after 2 weeks" under Campaign start date, which meant the start date would be the 28th February, a Monday
6. clicked on "Start a new campaign" icon
7. went and checked other pages eg My Aircraft etc
8. returned to Marketing tab, didn't touch anything, just refreshed the page, which revealed the two seperate listing, the 28th February & 2nd March

Hope this helps, I've lost a fare amount of cash cancelling all of the duplications. This is my first time playing this sim, it's awesome, and if the sums involved were not so large, I may not worry about minor glitches, but it is costing me, so whatever is the cause, my bad habits, the sim itself, W10 or Chrome, I hope you sort it Sami, I'm pulling my hair out in frustration  :,(

Offline Stormbringer748

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 10:31:34 AM »
I think I know what the problem is, if I refresh the page, it resubmits the previous information, but if I select "marketing" from the drop down menu, it doesn't.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.